BAM 2.0 GUI

We have fully migrated to BAM 2.0 and really like the GUI interface with the exception of identifying the SM.
We would like to see the SM contact info and be able to sort by name.
Just showing the MAC address makes it very difficult to identify the owner of the SM.

Since the GUI is written in PHP you might want to look into adding a field with the IP address in the database and using the PHP SNMP functions (http://us4.php.net/manual/en/ref.snmp.php) to get the Name from the units.

Matt

Hi Brian!

I think there is other way, if BAM uses a database (newer used it) you can simple use another db or just a new table, with MAC/Username pairing
and you can extend the sql query with joined stuff, and let you replace or extend the field with user’s name.

Agreed, Brian.

I would rather see more useful info than the Authentication key. For example, Brian’s suggestion of the Site/Contact info is much more useful. Having the IP address of the unit as a link would be great so all one needs to do is click and go right to the unit. This IP portion is the same as is being done with the AP’s now.

Another suggestion for Moto: If your going to require the latest Redhat, at least work with the latest Windows OS. It won’t install on 2003 server.

While you can create seperate databases, create your own interfaces etc., without Moto support, the customization breaks with each new release. Providers should also not be required to be programers to get the apps running. I did WAY too much compiling and coding to get this thing running.

Steve

While you can create seperate databases, create your own interfaces etc., without Moto support, the customization breaks with each new release.

We would like to see the SM contact info and be able to sort by name.
Just showing the MAC address makes it very difficult to identify the owner of the SM

I totaly agree with both comments...
For what one has to pay for the BAM and licensing...
They sure could put some better way to identify the SM in there!

After all they put an Alias assignment in for the AP...
Which is totally useless compaired to the need...

It sure would make more sence to put that Alias with the SM