Bam Linux Software

Hi, just a quick note to all those users out there that don’t like paying $1000 for the Redhat Enterprise Linux software.
Try White Box Linux, works well as a Bam Server - no modifications needed and it is free.
You can find it by doing a Google search.
:smiley:

Any RHEL source rebuild distro will work. CentOS is my personal favorate.

CentOS is the way to go

We downloaded White Box and installed. Is there anything else that needs to be downloaded as well? For example, the user guide has you downloading mysql, an ODBC driver and what not…when installing White Box, would you need to go and download the other software according the user guide? Would you possibly have a step by step in getting this to run correctly?

Thanks,
WarPony

Installing Whitebox will give you the same base to start from as if you had installed RHEL. You’ll still have to install the MySQL, the ODBC driver, and anything else.

I remember not being very confused following the BAM Userguide to install and configure.

Good luck.

Installing Whitebox will give you the same base to start from as if you had installed RHEL. You’ll still have to install MySQL, the ODBC driver, and anything else.

I remember not being very confused following the BAM Userguide to install and configure.

Good luck.

fedora core 5

anyone had luck with that jet ? i’m still fighting