Better Spectrum Analysis for 450 Line

While the spectrum analysis is helpful in the 450 line, Showing SSID’s like the ePMP line would be a nice addition. Right now all we get is a helpful output of used spectrum, but next to no input as the the SSID showing up.

While this problem can be solved with a $200 scanner (or more depending on how fancy you want it), having this ability in an already deployed $7000+ setup would be nice. With fuel prices getting out of hand, truck rolls to scan grow more and more costly.

PMP450 and WiFi are two really different radio systems. I don’t think this would work out too well. It would require integrating a WiFi radio in to the PMP450 platform, which would add to the already high cost. That being said, PMP450 does include a AP evaluation scanning feature that will reveal all the PMP450 color codes (CC’s) it can hear.

Definitely a no brainer that they are drastically different lines. But some basic functionality improvements might not be too late to consider in the upcoming V/MV line. My main gripe is the inability to kick radios from the AP lol

Not interested in other CC’s personally. We have all of ours mapped, documented and in Maestro. Fortunate to be the only ones in the county running 450. Even showing MAC addresses would be helpful. This came to light with a strangely persistent customer device in close proximity to one of our 450i AP’s. Tried 3 different channels in the 5.1 range and the damn device kept changing to the same center channel, so it was pretty much invisible in the Spectrum Analysis. Fortunately one of our RSP’s scanned with one of the aforementioned $200 scanners.

I can tell you right now that this request is never gonna happen. Even adding something as seemingly simple as deriving the mac address from WiFi beacons would still require basic WiFi support, and this is something that they will never implement.

Blows my mind. Adding a cheap wifi card should not add an extreme cost or challenge. FFS the competition is adding bluetooth connectivity to their 60Ghz line, for $299. I’ve used other drastically cheaper gear that has a local WiFi setup for aiming or provisioning. Not hard to make the leap to scan from that.

It’s a feature request, in hopes to peak interest with the community and those who run the line. Maybe to entice more people to jump into Cambium rather than the competition. If you disagree, that’s ok