Bridge mode sm Isolation Help

I just had a issue, I had a client plug the POE supply lan side to the lan side of his home wifi and all hell broke loose. Other clients were trying to get DHCP from his home router. I  have SM Isolation set to option 1 on the AP. The network is in bridge mode but I though the sm isolation option 1 stopped this from happening. Is there anything else I need to set to make sure this doesnt happen again. 

Thanks 

At the SM, go to Configuration > Protocol Filtering. Check BootP Server. Make sure the Upstream direction is also checked. Save and reboot.

1 Like

Just so I understand fully. Marking the bootp server for ip 4 and ip6 and ticking the upstream option will not allow the radio to broadcast/advertise any dhcp server behind the clients radio correct? Also is there best practice to disable more upstream protocols on the list?

I do PPPoE, SMB, SNMP, BootP Server and IPv4 Multicast. I'm leaving IPv6 Multicast unchecked for now since I'm not entirely sure what that would break for v6 functions. I turned on the v4 Multicast filter a long time ago to stop the IGMP chit-chat from broken Netgear routers.

1 Like

Thanks