Cambium devices compatible with ptp670

What Cambium devices are compatible with ptp670 and can a point-to-point connection be established between them?

You can connect a PTP650 to a PTP670, as long they are both running their 01-50 firmware versions. No other Cambium equipment is compatible.

1 Like

Thank you
What antennas are compatible with PTP670 to transmit and receive data at a distance of 150-200 km

That’s a long link (but it’s definitely possible)! You should probably model it using our LINKPlanner tool, which will let you try different antennas to see how the affect performance.

1 Like

Is there an antenna compatible with PTP670
Non shower radius??
I need a PTP670 compatible 360 ​​degree omni antenna
With a distance of 70Km

Hi Danyal,

What are the power limitations where you are wanting to deploy?

70Km might be pushing the limits when it comes to availability with an Omni.

1 Like

I have a range of more than 100 km using a dish 34 dbi, but instead of the 34 dbi dish I want to use an omni 360 degrees antenna. I would appreciate your help and suggest me if there is any choice.

Omni’s typically have much lower gain then a dish. A 5GHz omni might have a gain of only 8dBi. The low gain antenna paired with the radio’s max TX power will not be sufficient to provide reliable communications at 100km.

1 Like

Is there a specific type of omini 360 degree antenna that we can use in this case
With PTP 670?

There is no omni directional antenna I’d recommend for what you’re trying to accomplish. At best you might be able to get a distance of 15km under ideal circumstances. Maybe you can describe in detail what you’re trying to accomplish and why you think you need an omni antenna to do this? Are you planning on using PTP670’s HCMP feature to connect up to 8 PTP670 client radios to 1 PTP670 AP?

1 Like

For a link of 100 km @ 5.8 GHz, the propagation loss is ~147 dB. Depending on how much data you want across this link, you need 15 to 23 dB SNR at the receiver. Spec sheet says max TX power is +27 dBm. With a dual polarity 33 dBi dish antenna, you can have an EIRP ofd +60 dBm.
On the recieve end, lets assume you are using a 20 MHz channel. Your thermal noise floor will be around -95 dBm, Assuming the same 33 dBi antenna at the remote end, and your minimum link receive signal is -75 dBm for 20 dB SNR, you min link budget looks like this:

+60 dBm - 147 dB + 33 dBi > -75 dBm.

This happens to be -54 dBm, so this link might work. In North America, this breaks the max power rules for the 5.8 Ghz ISM band, so we could not actually build this link legally in USA or Canada.

Now, the difference between availabile dual polarity omni antennas, and your parabolic antenna is 25 dB difference in gain.: 33dBi vs 8 dBi for a typical dual polarity omni. Remove 25 dB from your link budget, and now your receive signal is -79 dBm maximum, and the link is under our threshold.
Also, when you are using an omni compared to a parabolic antenna, the link fading on the omni is significantly higher than a link with a parabolic antenna, so we need to add fade margins to this comparison. On the parabolics, I’d use 6 dB minimum for extra reliability, and on the omni antenna, I’d add 10-12 dB on links that stretch the performance of the omni atennna.
The fade margin means the expected signal is about -89 dBm, so that does not work for sure.
Eric’s recommendation of 15km max for an omni antenna is maximum link length for a connectorized PTP670 with omni antenna to a connectorized PTP 670 on the remote end is my recommendation also - maybe not even that far depeding on your local conditions, antenna heights, and other 5 GHz interference. .

Hope this helps clear this up for you!

4 Likes