Cambium in Administration?

In my opinion ePMP 4k is currently, since 5.12.1, the best PtMP system outside of Tarana ($$$$) and UI Wave (limited range). It needs to survive along with the planned EVO (MLO) platform.

No one else has an affordable 6ghz outdoor PtMP system that I can find, and while I have some Tarana and deploy UI Wave, they have limited use cases either due to size/cost/power requirement in the case of Tarana, or physical environment limitations like range and rain fade for Wave.

I have been migrating away from AirmaxAC for the last couple of years and still have hundreds left to migrate to ePMP 4k and I am not sure what I will migrate to if ePMP no longer exists because nothing else lets me offer the plans I need to offer at the price points I can manage.

I second this, we had deployed e4k both 5 and 6 and even with a bit of growth in the software needed at each interval we are extremely pleased with e4k and was really hoping and looking forward to EVO. We had just in the last month been getting ready to upgrade multiple 5GHz e3k sites to e4k, excitement was building but now uncertainty is all we feel. We have a bit of Ubiquiti but from day 1, 2020 for us, we went all in on Cambium for ptp and ptmp. This product for ptp and ptmp is fantastic and deserves to continue on, so much potential. Props to @aka and @Fedor and a huge thank you to @Chinmay_K who was our Cambium guy when we put up our first 4500 AP and did testing with @Chinmay_K and the others mentioned. You guys are absolute rock stars and we have appreciated every bit of support and working with you. 10/10, A++, Five Star support and customer service!

I have just completed a small part of a 60ghz cnwave deployment for a retirement village to give network access to the houses there, whilst also using cnmatrix and NSE as well and I can confidently say that these products are just fantastic. The auto-routing/meshing capabilities of the cnwave product when coupled with the e2e controller is easy and painless and I can highly recommend it to any MSP/Wisp looking for a gigabit speed and reliable backhaul that auto-heals. Thanks @Roy_Wittert and @EddieStephanou for your phenomenal support with this deployment and I’m hoping things can continue as per normal.

How could they f up so a great product!

I wish this had been written for April Fools’ Day and that someone would say it’s just a joke.

Man was hoping it wasn’t gonna go down this path.

We have so much Cambium gear in place and just recently placed a big order of enterprise wifi.

Not sure what we’re gonna do when cnMaestro Cloud gets shut down. It’s effectively the main way we interact with 90% of the network. Hopefully we can get some sort of extension sorted out.

Really sad to hear, we had Cambium products right through everything, right back to Orthogon Systems! My 2nd day in my new job back in 2005 was a day with Simon Staddon where he showed how it all workd and taught me so much!. Your PTP is the best in the business, nothing touches it. You 60Ghz is about the only thing that works on a wobbly post because of the beam forming. We also use your WIFI, the outdoor stuff is amazing!

Hi @riddle any luck with the on premise maestro?

Can you try to pull strings for internal release of new on-prem cnMaestro - we need NSE management.

Are NSE customers and hardware left dead? What the actual.

Exec team decided to keep ePMP and PTP700 series due to fed contracts…

Thank you @Fedor . I appreciate you and those internally within Cambium who are passionate and stand behind the product. I am sorry your executive team let you all down, let everyone down.

cnmaestro X - enterprise wifi, switching, and NSE

As of now, we need the ability to manage NSE security appliances using on-prem controller - especially if cloud cnMaestro dies, cert expires or AWS hosting goes tits up.

The enterprise wireless from Cambium is excellent product [Indoor & Outdoor]. Outdoor is fantastic.
The cnWave products are also a thing of beauty, only hardware aspect missing is 5Ghz fail-over on them.

NSE product was turning out to be a very market disruptive product. Excellent features, inc the Starlink integration…

Hopefull on-prem hosted cnMaestro does not also die when it loses the AnchorPoint connection. Perhaps that is ONLY needed for subscription issuance…

I would guess that they will likely make “business decisions” for the shareholder’s and creditor’s point of view, and not for the WISP point of view. “Keeping ePMP” would be a glimmer of hope for us ePMP WISPs, but if that happens, that’s only because that aligns with the business decision for shareholders, creditors, etc.

Not that this is bad – it is what it is – but I’m just saying, they aren’t going to care about the 2nd mortgage a WISP took on his house to expand his network with Cambium gear… or that he’s 60 and can’t pivot into a 2nd (or 3rd) career, or the WISP who may lose his house & wife & life… I’m just saying that won’t be their mandate. So, if they do continue with ePMP (which would be a good thing for ePMP WISPs) it’s because it happens to align with the shareholder’s / creditors / companies goal, and that’s a fortunate thing. But, if cnMaestro doesn’t align, or PTP or PMP450 or WIFI AP’s or EVO then that is what it is too, and if it burns down our lives, that is what it is too.

The good thing here, is that they need to keep cnMaestro running if they want to preserve the value of their assets. If cnMaestro goes dark and all the CBRS radios go offline (for example), the value of the PMP450 line will plummet very quickly (same for anything else that’s dependent on Cambium’s servers to operate, but it’s not really clear to me what is and what isn’t). They do need to make future plans public as quickly as they can, because the longer the uncertainty goes on, the less value there’s going to be in any parts of the company that they plan to keep operating or sell.

This all could be part of the UK administrative plan… speculative on my part. Continue driving down cost, initiate fire sale and wash hands… they’re not providing ANY reassurances or confidence. Competition is saying “oh snap” and laughing. This further consolidates down vendors and our product selection, less competition.

Yes, they need to keep ePMP alive due to gov / fed contracts – that was probably a majority share in decision.

Can CBRS operate without cnMaestro - who knows…

Can NSE operate without cnMaestro - barely.

What a waste.

It would help a lot if somebody could clear up whether or not CBRS can operate without cnMaestro, or more specifically, if it can be made to continue to operate longterm, without a firmware update (a new feature could obviously be added to bypass cnMaestro, but if there’s nobody left to add that feature, it doesn’t much matter), and what happens to 6ghz if cnMaestro goes offline (it sounds like they will continue to work, but for how long?).

Not tried it yet, but ai told me 2.4.2 does not need a cloud account to ‘anchor’ to. There might will be an annoying banner mentioning the lack of anchor account, but half my life has an annoying banner.

Word! You said it brother! :rofl:

Within on-prem – you can “disconnect from Anchor”. The Anchor is solely for deliverance or ability to apply subscriptions to your instance.

IE: You purchase licensing and get issued entitlement(s) from Cambium Sales. You assign the entitlement to what account needs the paid licenses, in the case of on-prem cnMaestro - you assign to your Anchor instant / tenant.

I am working on something for those in need of hosted cnMaestro…

Has anyone actually had success with getting their database exported by Cambium Support? @EddieStephanou @Roy_Wittert Given that we now have 2 weeks to go before Oct 1?

I’ve not yet asked. I’ve been taking time to manually extract. If people can post any success stories on DB export from Cambium, that be welcomed!

I feel regular TAC is dead - except for anything related to ePMP.

understood, I just didnt see 2.4.2 available to DL on support downloads page