Cambium in Administration?

following, thank you!

Got an AI response to my database export request - I suggestion you log a ticket. It could be a step forward!

The last “no account” version (so free X version ) of cnMAestro OnPremises is 3.1.1

Bait and switch and the administrators will know how to leverage… Good luck.

I know Roy and Eddie held back the switch, but no holds barred now. Thank you to Roy and Eddie for diligent effort…

Russ.

And even this platform is corrupted because I definitely typed bait and switch…

That’s how I see it as well. The administrators probably don’t know how to make a PDF, but chances are they understand how the service connects to the hardware.

I highly doubt the admins handling this know anything about technology or what Cambium really offered.

Everyone who is upset and annoyed, should file a complaint:

Doubt it will do anything… but enough voices from partners and end-users.
Can also send them direct email: Cambium.restructuring@rsmuk.com

I have a few 4600 on the shelf, if i boot them up and if there is no cert am I to late to get it certificed?

Also, what are you doing in regards to cnmaestro going off Oct 1 for all you e3k,e4k and pmp450?

Like I said, all Cambium radios currently deployed that use 6GHz/AFC services will continue uninterrupted as they communicate directly with the AFC @ Qualcomm. If you’re deploying a new radio and it doesn’t have it’s AFC cert installed, then you may be out of luck if onboarding into cnMaestro cloud and updating the firmware doesn’t resolve the missing cert issue.

The only thing we really care about are CBRS/SAS services for 450. If cnMaestro cloud goes away and those services stop working, then we’ll temporary set all of our AP’s to region Other/Other and hopefully Federated will have options for direct use of their SAS.

I don’t believe we’re going to try to even run cnMaestro onpremise.

My apologies, I completely misread the above statement before! Appreciate your response.

I am currently going through all my 4625 SMs and getting them AFC provisioned using the cloud. Usually I would do it upon deployment, but since the cloud may go away before I have them deployed I am doing it now.

I seem to have bad luck because it seems 70% of the 4625 SMs I get are alway missing the AFC key. Even ones I just got delivered today are the same.

Where do you see the key in the UI?

You cannot see the key. If you connect the SM with working GPS to an AP under Configuration->Radio->AFC section you will see a ‘Device Not provisioned. Contact Support’ if the device does not have the AFC key.

If you then adopt just the SM to the Cloud cnMaestro it will detect this after onboarding, add the key, then reboot the SM.

For me what I am doing is setting up the SM as an AP then connecting it to the internet via the ethernet cable. I then adopt it into the Cloud and once it is onboarded if it reboots it was missing the key. If it does not reboot then the SM was already provisioned with the AFC key from the factory.

So right now I am going through all 4625 SMs and adopting them to the cloud to make sure they all have the AFC key before the cloud goes away.

Now if the cloud goes away and the ePMP support team is not fired @aka told me they can provision the SM after the fact. I think that would entail contacting support and having them remote into my network to access the SM via ssh and manually upload the key. Not really ideal.

ahh understood, ill be doing the same. Appreciate this

We are actively working on mentioned concerns.

Did not sleep a second last night. Will be going non stop next 72 Hours to try and get somewhere by Monday.

What a way to treat your customers that have spent huge amounts of money on your equipment and that have heavily invested in the ecosystem.

All this stuff will probably be replaced by Chinese gear down the line sadly as we’ve had mounting pressure to cut costs.

Has someone starting archiving or mirroring the support/firmware/documentation files somewhere.

Have started dumping all the firmware onto a SAN for now.

Same.. I’ve been non-stop working at this, functioning off minimal sleep.

This is a bad dream for everyone involved. I also still feel for the Cambium employee’s - even those still trucking along internally, your service and dedication is greatly appreciated…