Cambium On-Prem: Client limit rumors (1,000 end devices)?

Hi everyone,

We’ve heard rumors suggesting that an on-premises Cambium instance can only manage up to 1,000 clients—clients meaning actual end-user devices (not Cambium hardware).

We are currently planning to migrate 5 on-prem instances onto a single on-prem server so we only have to manage one server.

Is there any truth to these rumors?

We don’t really believe it ourselves, given that the account capacity alone is 25,000, but we want to double-check just to be sure.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Best regards,

Marco

We’ve more than 1000 currently:

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply.

The unique clients only show how many distinct devices were connected over the last 24 hours, but not how many were connected simultaneously.

On our on-prem server, when I add the wired and wireless clients together, we reach between 800 and 900 end devices—though so far, it’s never been more than 1,000.

As I said, I don’t think there’s any truth to the rumors, but I’d still like to get it confirmed beforehand.

Do you get over 1,000 if you add the wired and wireless clients together?

image