can I Enable the epmp2000 Automatic Channel Selection

I am using epmp 2000 and I have four (4) Subscriber modules (SM) attached to the epmp 2000. The problem I am having now is that two out of the four SM connected to the epmp 2000 no longer connects at a common freuency. I did a spectrum analysis and found a clear frequency for two of the SMs which is different from the frequency the four SMs were using before the frequncy issue occurred. 

On the epmp2000 AP radio, Configuration > Radio > Access Point Configuration section, I observed that the Automatic Channel Selection is "Disabled". If I enable the epmp2000 Automatic Channel Selection and input order freqencies in the "Alternative Frequency Carrier" will that have any negative effect on order SMs?

Thanks for your help in advance.

If you enable ACS then you will see that the Alternative Frequency settings go away - only when channel selection is manual can you select them, and then they will only come into play if the primary frequency chosen is a DFS channel that subsequently decides it sees a signal that must be avoided.

I apologize, but I don't follow what you mean by your uses of the word "order" in the second paragraph.

j

2 Likes

Thank you for your assistance.

My apology for the wrong use of the word "order", I meant to use the word "other" SMs (Subscriber Modules).

@newkirk wrote:

If you enable ACS then you will see that the Alternative Frequency settings go away - only when channel selection is manual can you select them, and then they will only come into play if the primary frequency chosen is a DFS channel that subsequently decides it sees a signal that must be avoided.

I apologize, but I don't follow what you mean by your uses of the word "order" in the second paragraph.

j

Just to be precised here: alternate frequencies are used only with active DFS operation. In DFS world, if you enable ACS, all 3 frequencies (primary/seconday/tertiary ) are automatically decided by AP - based on relative noice factors per channel - and switching betweem (primary/seconday/tertiary) happens according to DFS rules/events. If manual frequency selection is enabled all three (primary/seconday/tertiary) MUST BE selected in order to react properly on DFS events. In non-DFS world single frequency can be manualy selected or it can be automatically decided by ACS if enabled.

Rgds,

ePMPMaster

2 Likes