Cannot Elevate PowerbeamM5 using 4.3.2.1

I have a Powerbeam M5 400 that I want to elevate for a test.

I have downloaded UBNTXW-4.3.2.1-elevate.bin.

I have tried to load this firmware through the web UI, with Device_Elevator__v28.432 and even with TFTP2.

Every time I get the same result: after a while the power and lan led's will be on and the last 3 signal led's will flash alternately. I've left it like this for up to 30 min and nothing else happens.

When in this state I can ping the device on the IP it had before the elevation attempt, but it doesnt show up in any discovery tool, Ubiquiti or cambium.

I've tried this wit the powerbeam on firmware 5.6.15, 5.6.6, and 6.0.3.

Afterwards I can recover it using TFTP.

Any ideas on what else I can try?

Thanks for your post. I have passed this to our support and development teams

Ok maybe I'm just stupid because I only get to try this late at night when I'm tired.

Can someone who has actually managed to successfully elevate a Powerbeam M5 400 please tell me how you have done it.

What firmware do you start of with on the Powerbeam?

Which elevation firmware did you use?

Do you just proceed like you would with a normal firmware upgrade?

I have searched on youtube, I can get lots of webinars where people talk about how wonderfull it is but not a single video of how to do it.

So please please can anyone help me out here?

You can upgrade it without elevator through its native web interface. 

The ip will remain the same as before FW upgrade. 

You can only upgrade from the Unsigned version 6.0.4 firmware, so you have to downgrade any later versions to max 6.0.4 or older.

Then nowadays there is a new hardware release from UBNT which prevents anything other than UBNT firmware. 

@DawieS wrote:

Ok maybe I'm just stupid because I only get to try this late at night when I'm tired.

Can someone who has actually managed to successfully elevate a Powerbeam M5 400 please tell me how you have done it.

What firmware do you start of with on the Powerbeam?

Which elevation firmware did you use?

Do you just proceed like you would with a normal firmware upgrade?

I have searched on youtube, I can get lots of webinars where people talk about how wonderfull it is but not a single video of how to do it.

So please please can anyone help me out here?

You are most probably trying to elevate late 2018 or 2019 made device, which has some recent hardware changes (most probably flash memory) that will not work for Elevate software...

1 Like