Cannot log in using admin admin after factory reset

I have an epmp 1000 and forget the password, after resetting, the default user password admin / admin can not be used, is there a solution related to this problem

I have forwarded this to the support team

Hello, the factory default procedure can be found in the User Guide or here: http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-Installation/How-can-I-reset-the-AP-or-SM-to-default-configuration/m-p/33684#M6

The default UN/PD should now be admin/admin.  You can also try logging in using 169.254.1.1 address.

However, if you have the retain passwords feature enabled, you might be out of luck.  A support case would be needed to see your options (probably reset via SNMP).  http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-Configuration-Management/Retain-passwords-upon-factory-default-procedure/m-p/63478#M32

A last option would be to use the discovery tool to see if it can be located and accessed.  https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/#r3

@kanGe wrote:

I have an epmp 1000 and forget the password, after resetting, the default user password admin / admin can not be used, is there a solution related to this problem

Hi. Well, normally it should be.  However, there is a "Retain Passwords" setting in the config - so you may have at one point told your ePMP1000 to 'retain passwords on factory reset', which prevents things such as a disgruntled client resetting his radio and being able to log in.  Anyway, if you had the "retain passwords feature" checked on, then a factory reset won't delete the passwords (as per your wishes).

1 Like

Is the default installer account enabled by default ? Seems like it is on some software versions and not on others.  If so you can log in with the installer account and upload a config with a known admin password or maybe turn off the "Retain Passwords" settings if that is the problem and default it again.

Also, seems like we had a backhaul once that we managed to not have the password for and I seem to remember using SNMP to change the password... maybe not, it's been several years ago.

Also, might try clearing cache or using a different web browser, ePMP's firmware has the incredibly annoying habit (especially if you have done a firmware update recently) of telling you the password is wrong when it isn't just because the GUI is trash...  maybe see if you can SSH in with what you think / thought the password is/was and if that works it's the ePMP GUI being, special...

1 Like

@brubble1 wrote:

Also, might try clearing cache or using a different web browser, ePMP's firmware has the incredibly annoying habit (especially if you have done a firmware update recently) of telling you the password is wrong when it isn't just because the GUI is trash...  maybe see if you can SSH in with what you think / thought the password is/was and if that works it's the ePMP GUI being, special...

^^^^ THIS ^^^^ 
It's possible that you have the correct password all along.  I think (maybe?) version 3.5.2 did that.. suddenly you couldn't log into the ePMP, even witht he correct password - but it was some corrupted/munged cookies/cache/something.

Connecting with IE instead of Chrome, or connecting on a different computer, or using the 168.254 number on the ethernet instead of the 192.168 number - those could get a person logged in if it's a browser/gui issue.

Hi Chris

if the retain password feature is enabled before i reset, is there a way to get the password back to default?, because i have never accessed this device before

It shoudn't be enabled by default.  I woud try performing another factory default.  If that doesn't work, then a support case would be recommended to get some lower level password recovery options.

Hi,

if that is the case, is there a way to return the user and password back to default?
I suspect there are irresponsible people who change it, because the previous user and password are still the default I have never changed

I suspect there are irresponsible people who change it, because the previous user and password are still the default I have never changed, previously I did a reset using the power sequence method

Hi kanGe,

As a steal protection option it is not possible to reset password in case the retain passoword after reset was enabled.

Thansk,

Dmitry

This is not an issue we have encountered yet, but I would consider a remote radio bricking feature like that to be a FAR greater security concern than someone stealing the radio, and anyone who would steal the radio is extremely unlikely to consider what the default password is beforehand.

This "retain passwords" feature is disabled by default and it is not build to brick units remotely. It was implemented for bunch of WISPs requesitng this feature on this community forum. 

Please do not use this feature if you have any concerns.

Thanks,

Dmitry

2 Likes

To sort this issue, you need to downgrade your firmware to the previous one.

Thanks,

Olivier M. KALAMO