Canopy 300Mbps backhaul

Hello,
i am about to purchase 2 links of canopy 300mbps, but i am still not shure about actual IP troughput on these. I need some real world data on traffic that can be passed through them in one direction only, since my traffic is splitted 4:1. For example 200mbps down and 50mbps up. Can it be done with canopy 300mbps? Some of you already have this equipment, please post your experience here. Thanks in advance
Nikolay

Hi.

As far as I know the units will automatically increase/decrease the ratio of up:down according to the traffic that they have.

D

Yes, it will, but not at all region code setting.

I believe they will adjust on the fly and are not like the regular 10/20 backhauls with set downlink ratios.

Actual throughput will depend on your conditions.

Can these units do 300Mbps actual throughput at 1ms?
Sure… If you have ideal RF conditions.

There is a OFDM link estimater tool available on this website that will allow you to predict the actual throughput given your conditions.

The more acurate information you feed it, the more accurate your results from the calculator will match your real world results.

It’s fairly comprehensive and can take input from other programs like Radio Mobile.

vanilla wrote:
Hi.

As far as I know the units will automatically increase/decrease the ratio of up:down according to the traffic that they have.

D

The adaptive traffic flow is not available on the ETSI region code,
region code 8 will turn this on but this means that the unit does not
conform to the ETSI Spec. May be it is not your case.

…And like Sterling said, it will take ideal conditions to get full throughput. How long is the path? How good is the path? Once you go beyond the first distance range you will not be able to get the 300 Mbps - and within the first range you will need good path to get the highest modulation scheme available. After that you can work with the ratios.

Aaron