canopy 360

Greetings from the Caribbean,
Has anyone have anything good or bad to say about this canopy single channel 360 degree product from lastmilegear.com?

https://www.lastmilegear.com/catalog/pr … ucts_id=64

One thing I don’t like about them is getting the cables IN and OUT of the antenna. The ethernet port and sync port are set well into the housing which is irritating. It would be nice to see a removable cover for the ports. Plus they are heavy…to heavy me thinks. You need a fairly decent mount for those bad boys.

Other then that they seem to be good.

Cheers

All we use is cyclone gear (last mile gear) and it rocks. Range is much longer than standard canopy gear.

I use nothing but the cyclone gear from Last Mile. I love it.

As for the hard to reach connectors, You can take the 4 allen screws out of the bottom plate to make them more accessible. Now when your up a tower that can prove to be a problem.

Dan P wrote:
All we use is cyclone gear (last mile gear) and it rocks. Range is much longer than standard canopy gear.

What antennas do you use with those?

What range do you get on the 2.4? 5.7?

Thanks gentlemen.

We use Cyclone 120 degree APs. 3 of them in every site. We push it up to 15 miles based in last mile gears specs and it works awesome. We even have a lucky one that at 14 mi. he gets 2X rate. We buy with built-in antennas

Greetings from the Caribbean as well – in St. Maarten/St.Martin.

We ordered a Cyclone about a year ago but it arrived on island as damaged goods. After inspecting the antenna mounting design, we decided that it was best to have the regular AP units modified so we could use our antenna of choice. We have a few of these in our operation today (17 cluster sites with over 3,000+ Canopy SMs) without any complaints. We’re pretty sure the cyclone will work just as well.

Roy A. Richardson
Managing Partner

CaribServe.NET / New Technologies Group N.V.
2 Codville Webster Rd., Suite #3
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Phone +(599) 542-4233
Fax +(599) 542-4229
Web: http://www.caribserve.net

hi,

where do u get your antennas ?