SM: CANOPY 8.1.5 SM-DES
Prizm: 2.10.r1 (Running on Redhat)
Features: Full (EMS, BAM)
Java Version: 1.5.0_07
Platform: i386
Operating System: Linux
OS Version: 2.6.9-34.0.2.ELsmp

Lite Licensing Info:
Users of CanopyLiteSMFrom512To1000: (Total of 10 licenses issued; Total of 1 license in use)

“CanopyLiteSMFrom512To1000” v1.0, vendor: motocnpy
floating license

Bandwidth Plan Trying To Give:
Uplink Sustained: 256K
Uplink Burst: 768K
Downlink Sustained:768K
Downlink Burst: 1000K

The AP is set to BAM for configuration source.
The Bandwidth Plan is enabled for Bandwidth Allow License Use

There should be a total of 7 users on this same AP that is getting the 768k plan, however only one is actually getting it. The settings across all 7 SM’s are identical except for the IP Address and the SNMP Info naturally.

I am not sure what I am missing here.

Any help and or advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Clint Wilson

No one has any ideas?

Is there any other information that would assist with this problem?

I have to get this problem solved, and Moto support well we wont answer that. My only hope is the community.

Thanks,

Clint Wilson

I’ve had issues with lite units and floating licenses. Usually what I find is that they are logging errors that they can’t checkout a license, and almost always it’s because they want to grab bigger licenses than what I have available.

What very well could be happening is they are trying to checkout 512k to 4mb licenses and you don’t have any installed. They don’t seem to checkout licenses that offer less bandwidth either. I’ve found with my units that if they license is not available, they simply run at default speeds. I’ll have to go through and reboot those units later on down the road to get them to checkout a new license.

That’s about all the help I can offer you. My solution was just to purchase a bunch of 512 to 4 and 512 to 7 licenses.

wifiguy thanks for the info, your information was actually very helpful to me. It caused me to look at some stuff and discover that the 1M license is for 1M total (which I should had known anyways), So with our bust limits higher then 1M total for everything it seemed to reject the license. I changed the plans around some and have all my radios using the license. I will be ordering higher licenses as you suggested as well.

Thanks,

Clint Wilson

Glad to hear you solved the issue!