Canopy syn rj 11

It would like to know if it is possible to place AP to generate synchronism, and to connect in parallel atraves of the door 5 rj 11 others APs, therefore I am having varios problem with the reception of signal GPS?

You can have one AP generate sync but you cannot split the RJ11 to 5 AP’s

You must determine the problem with the GPS on the CMM. Possible causes of GPS problems:

- Water in the GPS antenna cable
- Loose GPS cable
- GPS antenna position, moving just a few feet can make the difference
- GPS board inside the CMM

Why you can’t split the sync to 5 APs? We done it with 4, and one SM from which the sync is received.

Just because you did does not mean you should. The circuit for the GPS sync is not designed to drive that many devices.

Failure is imminent.

If you have 6 5.8ghz AP’s can you take the sync from each AP and setup 6ea. more AP’s of another freq? 1 AP delivers additional sync to 1 other AP.

alanburgess wrote:
If you have 6 5.8ghz AP's can you take the sync from each AP and setup 6ea. more AP's of another freq? 1 AP delivers additional sync to 1 other AP.

You have tyred this and actually works just like you have CMM?

Jerry,

The first site that we had, the sync couldn't start to work no mather what. The reason that I joined this forum was because of that. Three years have passed since, we tyred 3 CMM, we have putted the GPS antenna on top of the tower, bottom of the tower. Nothing. All hat it show was satellites visible 8, tracked 0. So we put this SM which is connected to a tower with sync and trough that we passed it to 4 APs. 5 of them is too much, we tyred it. And it's still working. The problem whit this kind of setup is that sometimes when there is heavy rain or snow it looses the signal from the water. Our installers have climbed this tower hundreds of times, on impossible weather.

I guess that you will all agree that the CMM micro is the most weak part of Canopy platform.

There are third party CMM’s which will generate their own sync and pass it to the AP’s via the power port. I believe Last Mile makes one.