Canopy to MPLS cloud..

Dear Alls,

I need suggestion about to connect Canopy AP to MPLS cloud.

The exist configuration like this below :

MPLS Cloud—PE Router–(E1 port)----------E1 line

how i can connect E1 line to Canopy AP, if i don’t want to use another router. Is enough to use E1 to Ethernet Converter? or can i use T1/E1 mux ?

Please advice me…

Regards,
mrdlnf

I presume the “PE” (Premise Equipment) router is provided by your carrier. They’ve decided an E1 interface – like PPP or Frame Relay, common with T1s in the USA – will be their common interface for their customers (you, that is).

If this is the case, you’ll need another router with both an E1 WAN interface and an Ethernet LAN interface. A bridge would also work, but most likely the only thing available to you would be a router configured to operate in bridge mode.

A “converter” is typically a layer-1 device. This would only work if the PE router is using Ethernet framing, versus PPP or Frame Relay, on its E1 interface.

I don’t believe a mux will help you in any way.

Teknix wrote:
I presume the "PE" (Premise Equipment) router is provided by your carrier. They've decided an E1 interface -- like PPP or Frame Relay, common with T1s in the USA -- will be their common interface for their customers (you, that is).

If this is the case, you'll need another router with both an E1 WAN interface and an Ethernet LAN interface. A bridge would also work, but most likely the only thing available to you would be a router configured to operate in bridge mode.

A "converter" is typically a layer-1 device. This would only work if the PE router is using Ethernet framing, versus PPP or Frame Relay, on its E1 interface.

I don't believe a mux will help you in any way.

Dear Teknix,

Thanks for your reply. PE is Provider Edge Router (same meaning with your term).
So the best is i must put Router at BTS n plug E1 line to that Router, right?
How about if i use converter like RAD? http://www.rad.com/Article/0,6583,24062 ... rs,00.html
Do you have any experience with that stuff?

Full layout that i want is :

CE A1 -----SM-----AP ----(E1 line)----- PE---MPLS cloud--PE---(E1 line)--AP--SM ---- CE A2

CE A1 : Customer Edge Router for Customer A at location 1
CE A2 : Customer Edge Router for Customer A at location 2
CE A1 can connect to CE A2 through VPN-MPLS

From E1 line --PE---MPLS cloud --- PE ---E1 line is existing infrastructure.

I can't try this configuration coz i still bid this telco project :-D but i must make sure that all stuff can work so i can go to next step (UAT : User Acceptance Test)

regards,
mrdlnf

You have to first determine what type of framing is configured on the PE router’s E1 port – PPP, Frame Relay, Ethernet, ATM, SONET or whatever – then determine your options for a converter, bridge, or router. Looks like the RAD “converter” is a bridge supporting SDH & SONET framing.