Captive Portal not working on some of the AP models

Hi All,

We have strange issue on one of our sites where Captive Portal works perfectly fine on some of the Cambium AP models like XE3-4 but when trying to connect through e700 it displaying a message “No internet connection” and no captive portal splash page showing up. I am getting IP address assigned etc.

Not sure if anyone experienced similar issues.

Kind Regards,
Piotr

If your Cambium e700 isn’t showing the captive portal splash page, while other models like the XE3-4 are, double-check its configuration against the working models. Look at WLAN and captive portal settings in cnMaestro, and ensure VLAN and SSID setups are the same. If the basics like firmware are already sorted, these steps should help you figure out what’s going on.

Did you double check if e700 is part of same WLAN group ?

Morning All,
Thank you all for all replies. I have managed to get E700 to work by creating and adding VLAN1 to our configuration.
I have another problem during authentication stage to the portal. At some level when AP needs to communicate with the client it breaks.
Any ideas.

Hi @Piotr_Charkiewicz
Can you share the AP tech dump? What is the captive portal SSID? Also, can you share the network topology?
I hope you are integrated with the external captive portal server and have followed the attached integration document.
Guest Access WLAN-External Hotspot with RADIUS Authentication.pdf (339.3 KB)