Change vLAN with snmpset

Hello,

I need to bulk change a large number of SMs, where we want to enable vLAN, add some vLANs as members, set the default vLAN ID to the correct vLAN for the customer, and disable management vLAN pass-thru.

I can do an snmpwalk on the SMs in question, but I don’t see any vLAN oids in there. I’m pretty new to SNMP in general, so I would be grateful for some example code that explains how to set these things.

I pulled down the enterprise MIBs from the canopy web site, but I’m not sure how to interpret them.

These are mostly PMP100 SMs, version 11.x Ultimately, I will be running a PHP script that fetches the correct settings from a database and executes snmpset to apply the changes to the module.

Thanks for the help!

Try ‘snmpwalk -v2c -cpublic 10.11.12.13 whisproot’ (substituting your community string and IP of course)

If you do a basic snmpwalk it will only show the general info, the Canopy-specific OIDs are under .1.3.6.1.4.1.161 so start walking there (“whisproot” - yeah, with an ‘H’…)

The VLAN-related OIDs seem to be between .1.3.6.1.4.1.161.19.3.3.2.95 and .1.3.6.1.4.1.161.19.3.3.2.117.

j

Here is the part of our PHP script that sets the VLANs, where we’ve defined the variables $customerVlan and $managmentVlan based upon which network we choose for them. Obviously, the $ip variable is also defined based upon what we type in

$result = snmpset -v 2c -c Canopy $ip 1.3.6.1.4.1.161.19.3.2.1.55.0 i $customerVlan;                           #Cust Vlan
$result = snmpset -v 2c -c Canopy $ip 1.3.6.1.4.1.161.19.3.3.2.17.0 i $managementVlan; #Management VLAN

That looks like it should work, presuming ‘Canopy’ is still the community string and that you’ve changed the units to permit read/write.

j

newkirk wrote:
That looks like it should work, presuming 'Canopy' is still the community string and that you've changed the units to permit read/write.

j

Yep on both counts.