changing downlink percentage

So We are thinking about changing the downlink percentage on our 900 POPs to allow for higher uploads on faded links.

Is there any implication assuming I change it across the board on all the 900 APs?

Now, since the 900 and 2.4 are different frequencies, do I have to change the downlink on the 2.4 as well? If so, why would I need to since they wont interfere with one another?

thatoneguysteve wrote:
So We are thinking about changing the downlink percentage on our 900 POPs to allow for higher uploads on faded links.

Is there any implication assuming I change it across the board on all the 900 APs?

It's only necessary to mirror the d/l % in a cluster.

Now, since the 900 and 2.4 are different frequencies, do I have to change the downlink on the 2.4 as well? If so, why would I need to since they wont interfere with one another?

Not necessary.
jwelch wrote:
[quote="thatoneguysteve":25u10hhi]So We are thinking about changing the downlink percentage on our 900 POPs to allow for higher uploads on faded links.

It's only necessary to mirror the d/l % in a cluster.

Not necessary.[/quote:25u10hhi]

In order to maintain sync across all your POPs that can "hear/see" each other, you need to match DL%, control slots and max distance. You can use the frame calculator tool to determine settings if you do not want to match settings on all APs/clusters. In 900MHz I would highly suggest keeping everything the same across the board. I have POPs 30 miles apart that can still hear one another.

As for your other question, as jwelch mentioned - it is not necessary to coordinate the settings used on the 900 band with the 2.4 band. They will not interfere with one another. Of course, you'll want to make sure your 2.4 APs within hearing distance are sync'd and have matched settings.
wifiguy wrote:
In order to maintain sync across all your POPs that can "hear/see" each other, you need to match DL%, control slots and max distance. You can use the frame calculator tool to determine settings if you do not want to match settings on all APs/clusters. In 900MHz I would highly suggest keeping everything the same across the board. I have POPs 30 miles apart that can still hear one another.

You're absolutely correct. I was only commenting on the d/l portion per his initial statement [u:synn4hmu]assuming[/u:synn4hmu] that he has the control slots and max range mirrored in each cluster. I also agree about matching the "big three" if AP's can see/hear one another.