Circular Polarization

Has anyone used Circular Polarization for Broadband? More specifically with a 900MHz system?

is it possible? I always wondered

I don’t see why not. I’m just having trouble find decent antennas. Plus, what the heck do you use as an antenna for the AP. As far as I know, no one makes Circular Polarized Sectors for 900MHz.

for PTP 100 series BH’s, is there any way to change vertical polarization to horizontal polarization?

i know that canopy 100 series works vertical polarizations.

I apologize for my ignorance, but what is circular polarization?

thatoneguysteve wrote:
I apologize for my ignorance, but what is circular polarization?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_polarization

so its basically dual pole?

No, instead of the plane either being vertical or horizontal, it comes out circular. The wave actually rotates in a circular pattern, and emit radiation in all planes and every combination between.

There are actually two types of circular polarization: Right Hand Circular (RHC) and Left Hand Circular (LHC).

The antennas still have one antenna jack, it is the actual antenna that causes the circular polarization.

This type of polarization has been used for many years in the aerospace and defense industry (satcomms) as well as on various space vehicles.

amd phreak wrote:
No, instead of the plane either being vertical or horizontal, it comes out circular. The wave actually rotates in a circular pattern, and emit radiation in all planes and every combination between.

There are actually two types of circular polarization: Right Hand Circular (RHC) and Left Hand Circular (LHC).

The antennas still have one antenna jack, it is the actual antenna that causes the circular polarization.

This type of polarization has been used for many years in the aerospace and defense industry (satcomms) as well as on various space vehicles.

if i rotate the reflector 90 degree roght or left, do u think it works horizontal polarization from vertical?

You’d have to rotate both your BH or AP/SM and the reflector for that to work, which would result in a mounting scenario where you are not weatherproof.

Your best bet would be to either use an H-pol stinger/super stinger or to get a beehive test adapter and attach a h-pol antenna.

wifiguy wrote:
You'd have to rotate both your BH or AP/SM and the reflector for that to work, which would result in a mounting scenario where you are not weatherproof.

Your best bet would be to either use an H-pol stinger/super stinger or to get a beehive test adapter and attach a h-pol antenna.

if i rotate whole system, any effect on radio beam? more narrower? 18 degree or less?
roniedhaka wrote:

if i rotate whole system, any effect on radio beam? more narrower? 18 degree or less?

Canopy radios are only weatherproof right side up. Rotating them would cause them to burn out the first rainstorm you have.

scenario:
5.4 canopy BH crowded non sincronized enviroment(not ours)
5.4 still the best usable frec, we need to put 1 link
go for test adapter + h pol antenna or rotopol?
rotopol works with reflector dish??