Clients connect to SSID but have no internet Access

I have 8 AP’s in my building model cn410 on firmware version
3.11.4.1-r3 but 2 of the AP keeps on giving me problems, and it looks like when number of clients go over 21 then clients connect successfully but with no internet.

when the move around the building to different location with different AP then they can connect again, is there maybe a best practice document that I can follow to see if I’ve set it up correctly?

Hello Charl,

first of all, I suppose that the access points are all connected to the same source of DHCP (A router for example).

1. If so, would you share with us how you set up the DHCP and your LAN setup if there are switches in your LAN?
  2. One more, when you say 21 devices connected, do you mean on all 8 APs, or 21 devices on one AP?
  3. Which router do you use on your setup?

The best way to around this is to have a specific VLAN traffic to each AP with its dedicated DHCP IP subnet, when you plan to have many devices beyond 30-40 on each AP. Then, you can NAT the different subnets to internet.

Sincerely yours,

Niragira Olympe

We also experiencing this “no internet” issue with software version 3.11.4.1-r3, our APs is cnPilot E600.

Obtain IP Address (from DHCP Pool of cnPIlot AP)- yes
Ping Gateway - yes
Ping Google, Youtube, 8.8.8.8 - yes
Opening Browser - No Internet

Hope you can also help me with this;

Thank you.

Could you please check if your client device has learnt DNS servers. If yes, ping to DNS servers and share your observations.

Hi CAM_TSK,

We are only using Public DNS (google); which is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4., yes this is reachable thru pinging. Yet in browser there is no internet.

thank you.

Can you please share your TechSupport to ypa001@cambiumnetworks.com.
Regards,
Yashwanth

Hi ypa001,

Good day!

You mean the tech-support file that can be downloaded in cnMaestro?

thanks,

Hi, Are you able to reach the DNS server from the client or the AP? Please confirm this.

thru Ping yes… from the client side (Laptop)…

From the same laptop are you able to browse ? If you are able to ping Google, YouTube and 8.8.8.8 from laptop, then browsing should happen.

Regards
Anand

We are also having almost a similar problem but with the e410 APs. We have 2 APs in a building connected from a cnPilot r190W through LAN.

The deployment is for a student accommodation using blackboard learning portal. Others can connect to blackboard with no hustle, whereas, some can connect but with no internet access or it buffers throughout lessons. Once off blackboard they can browse the internet with no problems. What could i be missing. Kindly assist…

Latest software is released for cnPilot series 4.2-r15 , can you please upgrade your AP’s to this build and share us your observations this build should the issue

Even in 4.2-r15 if you are still facing this issue then please share us the techsupport file of the AP, when the AP is in issue state.

You can download the techsupport from following location

1. Login to AP → Navigate to Operations
  2. Download Techsupport

hi team,

i have also a same issue, when user roams from one place to another and auto reconnects with the same SSID the session is created but internet does not work.
We also observed, A device remain idle for some time its showing no-internet but session connected.
access point:- e410

Please suggest… Thanks in advance

It sounds like you are unable to resolve host names. Try to do the following from your CLI(see below) . I would suspect that you might need ti change one of your DNS servers… I’d change the 8.8.4.4 to 9.9.9.9or 1.1.1.1

nslookup www.google.com
ping www.google.com

@Suraj_Bisht
Can you please share us following information to understand the issue

• Is this issue is observed after client roaming to other AP(say AP-2) ?
  • How frequently you are observing the issue ?
  • Can you try connecting new client to AP-2 and verify new client is able to access the internet or not ?
  • What is the software version running on the APs?
  • Is there any guest profile is enabled on these SSIDs?
  • Can you share me the “show config” command output from both the APs ?

Was the solution to this problem found. Had a ticket ( 278655) open with cambium but could not get much help, we sent several tech files with no solution. We had to remove some of the cnPilot R190 s with another vendor (tenda) and the problem was resolved immediately. My problem is that we still have many cnPilot deployed experiencing the same problem and its a loss for us to remove these devices and replace them with a new vendor all of them.