CMM 4

Has anyone had any experience with the newer CMM4? We have been using a CMM Micro for many years and it has been acting strange lately and we think that it has been a bottleneck for us. There seems to be general feeling that the switch in the CMM Micro is a POS. Moto says that the switch in the CMM4 is good quality and fully managed, etc. So the question is do we fork up the $2k for a new CMM4 or go the third party route and build our own. Any thoughts?

If you’re going to fork out that kind of money, why not look at Last Mile Gear’s CTM and a third party layer3 switch? More control and better performance.

wifiguy wrote:
If you're going to fork out that kind of money, why not look at Last Mile Gear's CTM and a third party layer3 switch? More control and better performance.

Well, yes that is what I am asking. how do we know that I will get better performance from 3rd party configuration? Have you had actual experience with the CMM4? I know this argument was valid with older CMM's, so I am wondering if anyone has had actual first hand experience with the CMM4. Our space is pretty limited at the tower, so the all-in-one aspect of the CMM is always a plus.

And how much of a savings are we going to see?

Have not used the CMM4.

CMMmicro is a POS.

We use replaced the heavily loaded CMMmicro with a LMG CTM and Moxa 408 managed switch. I never have to think about it.