CMM ERRORS......

Has anyone came accross this… this is the print out of a BH hooked to a CMM (not micro). I can’t get into the cmm itself because there’s no web interface on this one.

GPS Status
Pulse Status Receiving Sync
Tracking Mode 3D Fix
GPS Time 22:32:02 GPS Date 07/27/2007
Satellites Tracked 8 Available Satellites 8
Height 215 meters Antenna Connection OK

Latitude N41 47.2850
Longitude W89 41.6590 Invalid Msg 9

Restart Count 22612
GPS Receiver Information

COPYRIGHT 1991-2002 MOTOROLA INC.
SFTW P/N # 61-G10268A
SOFTWARE VER # 2
SOFTWARE REV # 0
SOFTWARE DATE CTUR DATE 3C17 v
å
TWARE DATE@@Hb × 8

I have bad problems when the text gets garbled and the restart count goes through the roof like that… this printout is off of 5 days of operation. then, sometimes it will work fine for a month or so. Any ideas?

I am quickly finding a way to get rid of this CMM (all will be slaves on the tower.)

Had the same issue with a CMMII… replaced the GPS antenna and coax and all problems went away… I have found that one bad cable on a CMM (II or Micro) can cause this as well and Re-regs and such are a sign as the sync is off for all the units attached to this CMM…

Check all mentioned and then you might have to condemn the CMM… BUT… Check everything… Thoroughly… First!

??? any lightning storms recently???

Good Luck!

Thank you very much for the reply!

This problem has been on going for some time (maybe about 7 months). To tell you one thing, the cable really doesn’t look too great. I will look into changing that even though plans have been put in motion to make it unnessesary at this tower. It is definately a good idea for find the problem while it is in a place I can test it.

Thanks again :slight_smile: