CMm Lost sync after firmware upgrade

we made a mistake and recently downloaded what we thought was new firmware for our CMM-Micro units. Now we have lost sync in the CMM. The AP’s say they are receiving synce but the CMM is not. Here is what it shows me. Keep in mind I know zip about Canopy…having to learn the hard way. The original version was CMM2.2 Build 2B. How to we get back to the original version? We tried the download site but that is where we got the 2.2 build 2 that doesn’t work? Sorry for the lack of knowledge…but I do know we had sync until they did the upgrade.
PLD Version 5
Software Version CANOPY CMM 2.2 Build 2 Feb 23 2006 16:45:22
System Time 06:50:00pm Mon Feb 04 2008
Up Time 7d, 01:33:30
Satellites Visible 11 Satellites Tracked 10
Latitude N36 59.3560 Longitude W89 53.5310
Height 123 meters Tracking Mode Unknown
SYNC Pulse Status No SYNC

Well our CMMmicros are the following version:

CANOPY CMM 2.2 Build 2b Jan 16 2007 16:23:29

And all are working fine.

May just need to be power cycled.

The problem is that your CMMmicro has a I-lotus GPS board and it only works with software CMMmicro 2.2 Build 2b, which is the last one. Futhermore, the version from the downloaded site has not been updated.

I have a file with version 2.2 build 2b and also the Motorola product advisory regarding this but I don’t know how to send to you (sorry, this is my second post in this forum).

Jordi.

Thanks all. I had power cycled it. I think Jordi is right we need the version
CMM 2.2 Build 2b. And I can’t find anywgere to get it. The package on Motorola’s site is just the 2.2 build and won’t work. If anyone knows where I can download the 2.2 Build 2B I would sure appreciate it. You can email me here bennettc@battleswireless.com or better still david@battleswireless.com since he handles all the Canopy 900 gear. Thank you all.

Thanks for the firmware. That took care of the problem…just needed 2.2 build 2B. Thanks again all.

Could someone e-mail the CMM Micro 2.2 Build 2b code? I have 3 CMM’s that had 2b code on them and I inadvertantly reverted them back to build 2. I spent about 30 minutes with tech support trying to explain that I needed the 2b code but they want me to measure voltages on the gps antennas. If someone could e-mail the code to me at xxxxxx. I’d really appreciate it.

Thank you for the firmware! That took care of my problem. Does anyone know why Motorola hasn’t posted this code on their website?

Hey folks,

Guess what! We’ve done this too :oops:
Could some kind soul out there please pass on the 2b firmware to me as well.

TIA,
Nick

Thanks SS392!!! :smiley:

Well, same story here. Anyone still around that can send me the firmware?

Thanks-

Got it - thanks!

Don’t you guys read the release notes before installing firmware?

Since the newer cmm’s weren’t out when the 2.2 build 2 firmware was released, I’m quite certain the release notes don’t say anything about not loading it on the newer cmm’s. The build 2b firmware doesn’t have release notes that I know of because I’ve never seen the firmware on Motorola’s software updates page. It just comes loaded on the new cmm’s. I actually don’t see any cmm firmware on Motorola’s software update page but I may be overlooking it. I made the mistake of telling cnut to update the entire network not knowing that the newer cmm’s were running build 2b while my cnut only had build 2 since that was the latest release motorola had up. The real kicker was when I called motorola telling them the symptoms and that I needed the newer firmware they wanted me to start checking resistance on the gps antennas and cables!

Could someone please email me the firmware I am having big issues with my cmm micro :lol:

Thanks
jorge@interwifisa.com

Can someone email the CMM 2.2 Build 2B software…I have been all over Moto’s site and can not find any CMM software…I just installed CNUT 3.11 r2 and need to update an old CMM that we just put into service…it is at 2.2 Build 2 and we are seeing some re-reg activity with an adjacent cluster of AP’s. Looking to eliminate sync problems first…any help would be appreciated

I have CMM 2.2 build 2 but not the 2B revision. Have you tried emailing moto support for it? Also, you’ll need to use CNUT 2.2 to update it since it’s a .pkg2 file.

Jerry Richardson wrote:
Don't you guys read the release notes before installing firmware?

Release notes are for sissys jerry, you got to live a little. There is no better feeling in the worlp than a friday 4pm upgrade that takes down everything. No if you go messing around reading release notes and all that rot how would you get to experience the fun.

Thats like saying that since your 180 feet in the air on a tower you should use climbing gear... geez jerry, call you Captain Killjoy.

******NOTICE: This was a joke, always use safety equipment and always read release notes, twice!!*****
thatoneguysteve wrote:
[quote="Jerry Richardson":3kitlmci]Don't you guys read the release notes before installing firmware?

Release notes are for sissys jerry, you got to live a little. There is no better feeling in the worlp than a friday 4pm upgrade that takes down everything. No if you go messing around reading release notes and all that rot how would you get to experience the fun.

Thats like saying that since your 180 feet in the air on a tower you should use climbing gear... geez jerry, call you Captain Killjoy.

******NOTICE: This was a joke, always use safety equipment and always read release notes, twice!!*****[/quote:3kitlmci]

"That's like saying since you're 180 feet in the air on a tower you should use climbing gear..."

is there an echo in here?