CMM Micros all failing polls, Authentication failure errors

We’ve got about 40 CMM micros on our network and prizm is failing to poll each and every one of them. The even log is full of the following error

Authentication failure occured at the Canopy CMM3 at 169.254.x.x (access attempted with wrong community string, wrong accessing subnet, or wrong snmp version).

This error is repeated 4 times every time it attempts to poll. After a few days the CMM will show up red with a poll failure. If I reboot the cmm and repoll it comes back green but continues with the authentication errors. The strange thing is until it goes red I can continue to make changes and reboot the CMMs through prizm. Once it goes red I lose it until the next reboot. Im using 0.0.0.0 for accessing subnet, Canopy for community string, and the correct password is there.

Im also getting the following error in the system log quite often:

Failed to create SNMP host, com.mot.canopy.Utility.net.snmp.SNMPRequestException: No SNMP security account.

Any ideas? I called moto and they had never even heard of these errors message. :frowning:

hi jmaysww,

have configured the right Security Profile in ‘define Network’?

Sometimes we have the same problem with some CMM

bye Patrick

We have the right security profile. Found out by accident if I remove the trap address from the CMM’s they work fine. Not sure why, but they do. I guess thats good enough for now.

Seeing something similar. Radio is active - all the settings look correct - but Prizm cannot communicate to it via SNMP.

07/11/08 18:00:22 SEVERE SYSTEM Failed to poll Andras Howard [1003226],Host: IP=10.248.44.94, port=161, community=3atm3, version=2c, errorCode:9
07/11/08 18:00:23 SEVERE SYSTEM Failed to create SNMP host, com.mot.canopy.Utility.net.snmp.SNMPRequestException: No SNMP security account.
07/11/08 18:00:23 SEVERE SYSTEM Failed to create SNMP host, com.mot.canopy.Utility.net.snmp.SNMPRequestException: No SNMP security account.

Any idea what this is?

I get the same error message as you. Motorola did not know what an error code 9 was. I think thats a generic error that shows up for all poll failures, but I still do not know why the CMMs are failing.

Try deleting and re-adding the CMMs for management. I’ve ran into issues like this before with SNMP account failures and the only “fix” is to delete and re-add the elements with the correct community string and management password.

I should note this problem only started appearing after upgrading to Prizm3. I never had issues like this with Prizm2.

I’ve tried that. I think the problem occured after upgrading from 3.0 to 3.1 but I can’t remember for sure. Prizm is turning into a full time job trying to chase down all the bugs that come along with it. Its a nice tool but I spend more time fixing it then I do using it.