cnArcher v1.0 beta available for iOS

cnArcher v1.0 beta for iOS is now available in the app store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cnarcher/id1401836635?mt=8. The feature set matches v1.0 release on Android. We will continue to add v1.1 features keeping the app in beta.

Please see cnArcher Quick Start Guide for more details.

Known Issues

• cnArcher shows only one AP in the AP evaluation results page, even if multiple APs are visible to the SM
  • When cnArcher upgrades the SM software, it does not show a "Success" message after upgrade is complete. It stays on "Waiting for SM Reboot" message. When you see the "Done" button enabled, please click on it to continue.
2 Likes

All you folks that said they couldn’t use it because there wasn’t an iOS version, PLEASE download and give it a try!

We need your feedback to make this better for all platforms.

2 Likes

Will definitely give it a shot as this is what I use, sadly most of the features I need for my installers is in 1.1 and 1.2, so won't be able to use it for production usage on my network even if it works great :S But its a great move forward glad to see the team trying to meet expectations

Should really include QR code to download makes surfing the forum and then downloading on phone easier :)

Appstore Link to IOS cnArcherAppstore Link to IOS cnArcher

Ok that clear cache button is in a really bad spot, and really should have an "are you sure you want to do that?" hell i actually think it should be under the settings screen out of the way from being accidentally clicked, especially without an are you sure box lol

CSup,

Thank you for adding the QR code.

The "Clear cache" button will be moved to Settings soon.

Will the move toward 1.1 be fairly quick since it’s mostly porting of existing logic?

We have been testing with the ios cnArcher app and have not made it through a full install yet. The app keeps getting stuck on scanning for PMP AP's or if it does get past scanning for AP's, it will get stuck on 'waiting for the SM to register to the PMP AP' even when above it shows registered. I have attached a screenshot of the issue.

1 Like

Brandon,

Thank you for trying the beta. Can you please check the following.

1. Have you configured a static IP address in 169.254.1.x subnet, for the Wi-Fi connection on the phone? If you have not, the phone will automatically pick an IP in the 169.254.x.x network, and the app will start talking to the SM, but when the SM connects to the AP, the phone will get a DHCP IP from the network, and it will no longer be able to talk to the SM at 169.254.1.1. So please make sure the IP address for the Wi-Fi connection is static.

2. The screenshot shows the SM connected to an AP with color code 0. Is this what you are really trying to connect to? If yes, does the AP have ICC enabled, or is it just color code 0 without ICC?

3. Please use the "Report a Bug" option from the menu to send us the debug logs from cnArcher.

Is the iOS version setting the alternate ip enabled? Could explain a stick while it’s trying to connect as wasn’t that something added to android in 1.1 I could be mistaken I know it was broken pre 15.2 firmware as well

Thanks for pointing this out CSup.

Brandon,

If you are using VLANs, you need v15.2 on the radio. Earlier versions have a bug where access to 169.254.1.1 over SNMP does not work with VLAN config after the SM connects to the AP.

@Rajesh_V wrote:

1. Have you configured a static IP address in 169.254.1.x subnet, for the Wi-Fi connection on the phone? If you have not, the phone will automatically pick an IP in the 169.254.x.x network, and the app will start talking to the SM, but when the SM connects to the AP, the phone will get a DHCP IP from the network, and it will no longer be able to talk to the SM at 169.254.1.1. So please make sure the IP address for the Wi-Fi connection is static.

Are you saying we are required to configure a static IP in order for the iOS app to work? If that's the case it is not made very clear anywhere in the app or in the pre-setup that this is a requirement. I've tried both DHCP and a static 169.254 address and have not had any success with provisioning an SM.

I guess I'm confused as to why the behavior is different between the Android and iOS apps, why aren't the wireless settings handled by the app on iOS like it is on Android?

They need make it more apparent I’m actually not sure ios allows apps to access and change ip settings that’s possibly why.

Android is more slack with there permissions that apps can request I could be wrong tho

CSUp is correct. With Android, we are able to set the IP address to static or DHCP as needed. With iOS, an app does not have the ability to perfrorm these functions. We will make it clear in the GUI itself.

Thanks for the clarification. 

In our case on iOS, the app is wrongly assuming my SM isn't reachable at 169.254.1.1 after the VLAN page, even though it still is. Then I get stuck in the 'Change to DHCP' loop, event though my phone is already set to DHCP, and even though my SM is still reachable at 169.254.1.1. I think it should be an easy fix with some additional logic added. 

Okay, so I attempted again this morning by setting a static IP and then switching to DHCP when prompted, and I got past the VLAN configuration screen. However, now when I try to select one of my JSON templates my variables do not show up, and it looks like it applied my template name as the SM name after I tried to finish the installation by still using one of my templates. 

I was able to replicate the behavior of both problems, my JSON variables not loading as text fields in the cnArcher app, as well as the app setting my JSON template name as the SM name when loading into cnMaestro. 

any updates? why is it cnarcher development seems to be lagging so much from before the new year and even now, so quiet no updates