cnMaestro 1.6.0 Release

CNSSNG-6461 tracks an enhancement to add support for configuring hostname on R-series devices.  This enhancement is not included in the 1.6.0 release.

If the device name changes in the device at a later date the device name in cnMaestro will reflect this change everywhere except in the device level configuration page.  This page will show the last name configured using cnMaestro.  For cnPilot devices the name set there will be pushed to the device whenever an AP Group is applied to the device.  This is true as of 1.6.0.

@Jodan Thanks, do you have a guess as to when this will become a reality? Could it be added to the list of Known Issues? 

Although not a guarantee, that particular issue is targeted for the release after 1.6.0.

When this update will be available for download at https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/cnmaestro/ ?

Thank you,

Hi,

Currently we are in process of rolling out 1.6.0 version to cloud servers and planning to release On-Premises version by next Wednesday(25-Oct).

Thanks,

Ajay

Hi, about SYNC:

Sync Configuration (Wi-Fi)

Page at Application > Sync Configuration to track and resolve unsynchronized cnPilot configuration, which may occur when Wi-Fi devices are updated through the device UI, or automatic synchronization is disabled in an AP Group. A header notification icon (discussed earlier) is also added.

The sync process is now bidirectional as here: http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnMaestro/Bidirectional-Sync/td-p/69127

?

thanks,

Michele Pietravalle

Hi Michele,

No, updates made to the sync feature do not include the bidirectional sync described in the linked post.  Sync still synchronizes to the configuration defined in cnMaestro, not the device.  The only exception to this is network settings on the native VLAN for Enterprise devices, but not R-series devices.  For Enterprise devices the network settings can be read from the device and pushed back in order to prevent overwriting.

Best Regards,

Jordan

thansk for Your reply.

is already planned the bidirectional sync?

we are waiting to migrate to cambium 250-300 devices from mikrotik and our software due this limitation,

thanks,

Michele Pietravalle

Thank you for your feedback Michele.  We are discussing this internally.  I will provide an update when I have something to report.

Added the following to the Release Notes: "You may need to restart your browser (or clear the browser cache with a hard reload) after the 1.6.0 update."

Confirmed the release today? Thanks.

News about on-premises version?

Hi, any update?

thanks.

@Cambium_Ajay wrote:

Hi,

Currently we are in process of rolling out 1.6.0 version to cloud servers and planning to release On-Premises version by next Wednesday(25-Oct).

Thanks,

Ajay

cnMaestro On-Premises 1.6.0 is now posted on Support Center.

Backed up, installed and restored.  So far looks like everything working well.  Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks. All ok.

but i cannot generate a CSR (the country results empty). already opened a ticke but isn't a blocking problem.

can you please send me the csr to anish.bosco@cambiumnetworks.com?

Hi.

I am trying to update cnMaestro to 1.6.0. and I get error: File Upload Filed. Over which port/protocol the  data is transfered to virtual maschine? I am connecting via VPN over firewall and maybe the firewall is blocking connection?

this is not a package update. you may need to deploy 1.6.0 OVA as a new virtual machine. can you please refer the https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/file/26e05d6697099b64b2a3cb11fe323ae76e88ce0b

2 Likes

@Anish wrote:

can you please send me the csr to anish.bosco@cambiumnetworks.com?

Sent!

thanks!