cnMaestro config for upload/template

I'm trying to add CNM credentials to new routers so it will automatically connect to our on premises CNM server.

Downloading the config reveals that the URL is stored in

cns_static_url=

but I'm not sure where I can find the other two parts - the user and onboardkey.

Hi, 

In case you are claiming your device using serial number (MSN) then configuring just the cns_static_url is enough.

Do you explicitly want to claim these devices using the cambium-id / onboarding key ?

These are not configuration file parameters for security reasons and are saved separately.

thanks 

Ashutosh

I'm using CNMaestro On Premesis.  I understand they're not typially saved out of the device, but I'm hoping I can create a template to upload to our devices to make onboarding much easier.

I know this is long dead but I would like to be able to claim with onbaording key as well, specifically from the router cfg file we upload onto the device. Is there a solution to this for the cnpilot R series of routers specifically? I don’t care if it downloads from the device but I would like to have it pushed to it from uploading the configuration.

If you stick these in your template, you can onboard this way…

cns_static_url=https://cloud.cambiumnetworks.com
cns_cloud_id=UrUserId
cns_cloud_token=ThePassGoesHere

I jsut attempted this and it does not seem to work still. got the device is not onboarded item below the URL and it never showed up in the onboarding queue.

If you put those three variables in the config/template and upload it, do you see the config populated in the GUI?

Does the router have internet/DNS? Can the router ping cloud.cambiumnetworks.com or whatever CNM instance you’re using?

with some further testing, I found that it is just not surviving the restart it says it needs, if I hit save first it shows up in my cnmaestro instance and then after restart it stays with no problem.

A side note for anyone else reading this that may not have figured it out, if you inspect the HTML elements of each item you can find the field it configures and can include that in your config files, with that being said sometimes when you set 1 field it is supposed to cascade a bunch of other config items so obviously test before you do this in production.

cnMaestro ID and onboarding key cannot be configured using cnMaestro AP group or Overrides.
cloud.cambiumnetworks.com will be used by default, if the URL is not configured

To onboard the device into your cnMaestro account

1. Leave the cnMaestro URL config empty, by default device will try to connect to cloud.cambiumnetworks.com. If On-Prem cnMaestro is being used, then using DHCP option 43 push the cnMaestro URL isp-url.cambiumnetworks.com to device.

2. As shown in the picture below, on cnMaestro Navigate to Onboard > Devices > Claim Device enter the serial number of the device and click on Claim Devices.

3. Later when the device is able to reach cnMaestro, it will be available on Onboard > Devices Page, navigate to your device and click on the approve button.

4. In this onboarding sequence there is no need to manually configure Cambium ID and onboarding key on the device.