cnMaestro Email Notification

Hi Cambium,

Under Application > Settings > Notification we can set our email address to receive the alert base on Critical , Major , and Minor.
May I know is there any info for these 3 types of alert?
Example: when AP is down it consider what alert? Minor alert meaning what incident happen?

Also I saw there is “ignore notification”, literally means that it wont send the notification when my E410 AP is down if I ticked “cnPilot Home Offline”?

Thanks

Hi Nicky,

Greetings for the Day!

You will be receiving the alerts only for the Alarms with selected severity and above. Say for example, you have configured a mail id with severity Minor, then all the alerts with severity above Minor (Major and critical) will be received, else if you need only critical alarms to be notified via email, please configure severity = Critical.
Regarding ignore notification check, it is applicable for PMP/ePMP SMs and Home series.
E410 is an enterprise device, so you don’t have an option to ignore notification for that device.
Hope this answers your query and we are happy to help you. Please get back if you need any further info.

Thanks,
Raghavendra

Hi Raghavendra,

In what scenario it will trigger critical, major, or minor alert?
Do you have any study case to refer?

Thanks

Hi Nicky,

We are working on the list of all such events and alarms to be added as part of Appendix in UG, below is some info regarding the classification of severities.
Device offline/online alarms and config push failure due to time out are with severity Major.
Other Config sync related are with severity Minor.

Regards,
Raghavendra

Hi Raghavendra,

So how about critical?

Thanks.

Hi Raghavendra,

So device offline is Major severity, but I have a customer told me that one of the E410 AP down onsite (show orange LED), but he didnt receive any notification email. Any idea for this?

Thanks

Hi Nicky,

Critical Alarms include DFS on Radio and some system related ones. Reg your customer issue, For how much time it showed orange LED, because alarm is generated after 5 min of device down, if there is any quick outage like 2-3 minutes it is not considered for alert. If the device have active alarm on it for more than 5 min then it should be forwarded to configurd mail id, also may i know what is the configuration that have provided for receiving emails? Can you please check if it might have received to spam folder.

Thanks,
Ragahvendra