cnMaestro Monthly Graphs

Hi.  On my cnMaestro Dashboard, I used to see the SM's ''Usage'' totals on a Monthly graph - and now they show 'Current Weekely Usage' only...   I can't find where I switched that, or how to switch it back...

Hi,

As of now, all the graphs have been modified to show historical data maximum up to one week. It was done long back for most of the graphs and somehow we missed to update this graph. Recently we promoted fix for this one as well, so it is an expected behaviour now.

Thanks,
Ajay

OK. Is this a expected permanent behavior now - or is this a temporary situation and are Monthly / Yearly graphs to be expected to return? If it's a matter of storage space requirements on your server - would it be possible to either pay for our storage space, or to have a version that we can download and install on a server locally here - so that we can increase the term and the granularity of the graphs?

Graphing is ideally suited for spotting long term trends - and if 'long term' is a week, then that severely reduced the usefulness of the graphs to essentially zero. Also, even the way it is now, the 1 week graphs have no details that we can zoom into. They go to 1/2 hour averages, and the 5 minute details are gone.

On our CACTI and PRTG servers, we can choose to preserve the 5 minute details in the weekly or monthly (or even yearly) graphs if we want - so that we can zoom in on last week or last month and still see what was happening over a 5 minute period. A client that says it's 'been slow for the last couple months' - the graphing is essentially useless if we can't A) even look back more than a week ago, and B) can't zoom in to see what their real peak throughput was. Just seeing 1/2 hour averages, or daily averages don't really give any of the needed detail - which renders cnMaustro essentially useless as a diagnostic tool.

1 Like

Any plans to sell a "Advanced graphs" option?

I'm interested in the same thing. It would be cool if we could see how much data is being used on a monthly basis and some kind of triggers integrated in custom plans. would be SUPER useful!

Color changes. I liked the Green status on the side menu, and red when there was an issue.. Today it changed to just grey. Please bring the colors back.. Also I noticed that the useless alrm history area that never had anything listed in it is populating, thank you!

Thanks for the feedback.

We changed the GREEN color status on the tree with some feedback received and some usability experience, so basically if there is no issue with the devices they look GREY, only when there is a problem it turns into RED when selected.

But the GREEN color is always shown in the dashboard when you select the device.

Rupam

I'm cool with that, as long as I can quickly look and see a color change and know there is an issue with that device.

The idea was to make it a little more like a car dashboard: only draw attention when there are issues. So devices that are down will still be called out with red; however devices that are healthy will blend in with the background.

Can you change the address it displays when in nat mode? Pls?

Also make that monthly usage not just weekly? that would be awesome!

@kmitre wrote:

Also make that monthly usage not just weekly? that would be awesome!

I would vote for Monthly and Yearly as well.  With CACTI, we often look back a year to see what the signals or their usage was last year this time.  Having only a weekly graph is pretty much usless for diagnostic or management or prediction purposes.

AND NOT JUST 12 MONTHS YEAR… WE NEED 14 OR 16 MONTHS to be able to look back at how a particular customer’s starts were last year this time…

3 Likes

Hi.

Is there at least monthly graph and other data statistics in road map? We would also need monthly, but the best option would be to have year graph. Any news about that?

Regards

@ktmw wrote:

Is there at least monthly graph and other data statistics in road map? We would also need monthly, but the best option would be to have year graph. Any news about that?

Only having a week's data does make any diagnostics and troubleshooting pretty much impossible. When a customer calls in with a problem, we can't look back and see what has changed since it was working well for them, and we can't use that information to know what the new problem is. With our other (non-Cambium) equipment, we keep 13 month's of history, so that we can see last week, last month, last year... and see use that history to diagnose what the problem is.

Hi ninedd -- we plan to maintain statistics for longer periods as part of a "pro" upgrade in mid-2018. We expect to support either 6-months or 1-year.

2 Likes

If it is an on-premise deployment, it should be unlimited historical storage.

1 Like

Great news Rob, but as JLLC said. On-premises version should have unlimited history, as the only problem should be data storage and we can take care of that by ourselves, it could save us a large amount of trouble with customers.

Regards

1 Like

@Rob wrote:

We expect to support either 6-months or 1-year.

Thank you.  One of the things to keep in mind, as a diagnostic and troubleshooting tool, it's important to be able to look back to the same week last year and to see if signals and SNR (or any seasonal changes in the graphing) can account for the issue you're diagnosing currently.

So, for us with PRTG and MRTG graphs, we find it essential to have 13 month's, so that we can see in July 2018 (for example), what happened to all the graphing metrics in JULY 2017 and in JUNE 2017.

I mean, 1 month's data or 6 month's data is certainly better than 7 days data, but I'm just saying that if it's supposed to be a diagnostic tool, we need at least 13 month's in order to be able to compare to last year's weather and foliage issues.... and even 12 month's doesn't quite do it. :)  When a customer calls in and reports a problem "for the last couple week" as they often do, with only 12 month data, we will have just lost the data for last year's comparison time frame. With 13 month's history or more, we still have a chance to look back at the previous couple weeks, and also at the same couple weeks a year ago (so 1 & 2 & 3 weeks ago, plus 53 & 54 & 55 weeks ago) and see if there is weather or foliage can account for what the customer is reporting.

So - I very much appreciate that it may soon have 12 month's data, and that's certainly better than only 7 days of data.  BUT, if it was me programming it... I'd have at least 13 months (if not 16) so that at least the previous 2-3 weeks from today, all the way back to at least the previous 2-3 weeks this time last year, are all available.  :)

Thank you.

2 Likes

Is longer term history still on track for Mid-2018? Can you tell us which version it might be in? Thanks!