cnMaestro On-Premises 1.4.0 Released

Also considering we pay well for the radios already as a customer providing this server free of charge was a good thing.  For there to be a pro version there better be some extremely nice updates and features added to make it worth any form of payment.  Plus the option to add an API so that those of us who don't use it as heavily can write our own mechanisms if we can't justify the expenditure.  For example we already have out own snmp utility that will push settings to radios globally however CNM is a little more user friendly for our installers/techs. 

Also when will scheduling be a thing?

KR:

Subi and I emailed back and forth about it back in late January.  Our four heaviest traffic 36 450 AP were rebooting with crash dumps which had something to do with cnMaestro.  We turned of cnMaestro management of just those APs, and the problem stopped.

I can turn it back on again and see if the issue starts happening again.

We understand your concerns. The product team is notified of your questions and comments.

exporting and importing data is still not working for me.

It didn't work on the last release and now its not working on this release.

from 1.3.0r7 to 1.4.0r11

Thanks for the note. We will get you a response on this.

tech support did a remote sesssion but could not figure it out either.

ticket # 115818

Hi CSSup -- the 1.4.0 release is largely focused on  Wireless LAN features, though we do have plans to start rolling out a sector view with radio configuration in the next couple months. This is the first part of a more comprehensive LINKPlanner integration beginning later in the year. We will explore  whether we can leverage the export feature as an interim solution. Some additional features on-track for Q2, which will benefit all product lines, include administration roles, graphical reports, on-premises API, and on-premises high availability. With the latter feature we are looking to replace the export/import OVA updates with a more elegant (and automatic) process.

1 Like

Hi Chris-T -- is the issue with the ePMP upgrades the embedded tree display in the upgrade page?  We are looking to replace that with a more basic tabular view (filtering either through the table or the tree), but it may not be until the end-of-April. We will have an interim release before it, but it will mostly consist of navigation improvements to support revamped Fixed Wireless and Wireless LAN views. The upgrade page enhancements are close on the priority list.

1 Like

Hi Mike and Chris -- improving the full image upgrade, and removing the export/import requirement, is in plan for Q2. We expect to make the changes in tandem with on-premises HA support, and they will of course also work in a standalone environment. So the expectation is not much longer for relief, but perhaps still too long, because we will most likely have another OVA prior to its rollout.

1 Like

Are you still planning on restricting us to 2000 devices if we refuse to pay for pro?

At least you went the simple route for VMs by providing an OVA.

The cnMaestro Basic cloud version doesn't have a limitation on number of device.

For cnMaestro Basic On Premises version, yes, the basic is limited to 2,000 device. To unlock this thresold, it will be paid feature, $2500 on time charge.

Regards

Allen 

1 Like

Allenyu you guys realize how backwards that is…
cloud we use your servers and hardware at cambium expenses frond free unlimited
But we have to pay to use our own hardware and reduce cambium hosting expense?

1 Like

Guess I'll wait a bit before updating :)

Hi dayas -- are you using Firefox for the export/import process? If so, can you try another browser, such as Chrome, and let us know if the problem resolves?

1 Like

yes i was.

I was unable to get it to work wtih chrome or opera.

But go figure Edge worked.

Problem resolved.

Thanks!

1 Like

There is a bug in Mozilla and it can be tracked https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=610679

Rupam

1 Like

I wanted to post an update on the AP crash issue.  I've had the 36 APs that were crashing before approved in 1.4.0 without seeing a single crash.

I can't say for sure that's due to a change in cnMaestro; we added two more APs and significantly reduced load which appeared to be a factor in the crashes as well.

@Rob wrote:

Hi Chris-T -- is the issue with the ePMP upgrades the embedded tree display in the upgrade page?  We are looking to replace that with a more basic tabular view (filtering either through the table or the tree), but it may not be until the end-of-April. We will have an interim release before it, but it will mostly consist of navigation improvements to support revamped Fixed Wireless and Wireless LAN views. The upgrade page enhancements are close on the priority list.

I really hope this is progressing as I really want to rollout FW 3.3 but need a better upgrade solution prior, as discussed it is too time consuming currently.

1 Like

Hi Chris -- still targeted for the following release (the one after the next), and on track now for early May. The focus will be on replacing the embedded tree in the page with a table, which will allow for easier selection of devices. One can still leverage the tree hierarchy on the left to filter the table as a whole; however the complexity of dealing with the embedded hierarchy will be removed.