cnMaestro reporting

Before Cambium’s availability of cnMaestro Essential and X, customer is able to have 7 days data for reporting purpose. After the cnMaestro is upgraded to cnMaestro Essential, the 7 days data storage is no more available and customer is forced to subscribe the cnMaestro X.

Will Cambium consider to provide the 7 days data retrieval for Cambium Essential either in Cloud or on-premises which is similar to the cnMaestro before ?

1 Like

Is that right? As far as I’m aware, cnMaestro Essentials still stores and reports on 7 days of data.

Hi Tony,

cnMaestro Essentials allows users to have 7 Days Data with resolution of 1 hour but not 1 Day.
If you are looking for 7Days Data with Period 1 Day, we are sorry to say that this is only available for cnMaestro X customers.
But Currently On premise (NOC) is cnMaestro -X and can have all privileges of X features.
Can you tell me if your account was recently downgraded to ESS after closing of Data Retention window or if your account is in Retention state?
You can also invite me to your cloud account to have a look on your current account state.

Regards,
Raghavendra
raghavendra.atmakuri@cambiumnetworks.com

It doesn’t appear to me that Essentials will have any data storage or reporting functions. The release notes for cnMaestro 3.0.0 say that Essentials “delivers the same experience as the previous cnMaestro but without the Pro features”. Reports is labelled as a Pro feature in 2.4.2 and is included in the table of cnMaestro X Features in the Release Notes.

I currently use a weekly report to track data volumes. I am thinking I will hold off on upgrading to 3.0.0 because I don’t want to lose the ability to generate these reports. Thanks
Don

Hi, Raghavendra,

Unlike the cnMaestro cloud in the past, we did not see any reporting can be selected for generation of report on the 7 days data storage from the cnMaestro Essential cloud today.

My colleague will send you an invitation to check at one of our customer’s account.

May be you can advise us how to generate the report for the 7 days data storage.

Best Regards,

Tony

Cambium is fundamentally doomed to make these kinds of decisions. :angry:

Hi, Ninedd,

Do you mean that the 7 days data report no more available except customer subscribe to cnMaestro X ?

Best Regards,
Tony

Hi Tony,

The Essential account do not support any PRO (X) features, since reporting is X feature, this was not made available as part of ESS account. I thought you were not able to see the Performance charts, but now i got your concern regarding reporting. Sorry to say that reporting wont be available for ESS accounts as it was a pro feature from initial days, also other PRO features also wont be available for ESS account.

Regards,
Raghavendra

I have no idea. Who knows with Cambium?

I just mean that Cambium can’t get out of their own way with yet another complex licensing scheme to try to wring every last dollars out of WISPs. When they debuted ePMP, the whole sales pitch was that they had learned from mistakes, and they were going to be cheaper, more friendly, more all-inclusive, with included features, including management, and they were going to listen to the needs of WISPs. That was actually the case for a while… but then the old Cambium started creeping back in, with feature removals and licensing schemes, and essential usability or GUI features “under consideration” for years and years. They are doomed to repeat the bad decisions of the past, and they apparently just can’t help themselves. Whatever - I guess it’s just clearer and clearer all the time that we’re not a good fit anymore.

Even with X though, the long term reports are still fundamentally flawed. I’ve explained over and over and over again to them what WISPs need for long term graph retention, and Cambium just doesn’t listen. They just don’t understand.

1 Like

Hi, Raghavendra,

Understood. Even though the reporting becomes the X feature, Cambium should not take away the 7 days data storage that originally available in the cnMaestro cloud. As I remember correctly, Cambium voiced out in their webinar that Ess will have all existing features available, same as the cloud and X only has more features with longer data retention which needs to subscribe by user.

One of our existing customers who is a NGO (non-government organization) having the cnMaestro on-premises installed within their organization is reluctant to upgrade. Though there is a bug in their existing firmware version, they worry that after their existing cnMaestro on-premises is upgraded to the new version, their existing 7 days reports will not be available anymore as the reports are important to them.

Again - keeping graphs for 1 year (exactly 52 weeks) or 2 years (104 weeks) is NOT what WISPs need. Even if I was inclined to pay a license fee for cnMaestro, I would not pay for “1 year” graphs - that is absolutely flawed and useless.

Here again is why. The “1 year” graphs need to be at least 13-14-15 months - not just 12. And the 2 year graphs need to be 26-27-28 months, bit just 24.

Just keeping 12 months doesn’t actually let you look back at the data from last year at this time, does it? For example, If it’s July 26th 2021, and if I look back at last July… last July 27th (2020) is still there - cool - but July 26th and July 25th have JUST been rolled off. If I ever need to look back at “last year’s data” to compare to this year, I need to look at the week before, or two weeks before, or a month before this exact date last year, don’t I?

So Cambium – WHY AM I LOOKING AT 12 MONTH OLD DATA ANYWAY? Usually because I want to see what happened to this customer during this time last year, right? I want to look back and see what happened last July - but all of that data has just JUST been deleted by cnMaestro, as soon as it’s 366 days old. So, when a customer calls with an issue, and I want to look back and see what happened to this customer during this week or this month last year? Last Year’s data isn’t really available on a 12 month (365 day) graph. Everything before July 26th has JUST been deleted on a 12 month (365 day) data retention.

So again - Cambium doesn’t listen or understand - we’ve been screaming this info into the wind at Cambium about their long term graph retention plans over and over and over again… storing data for 365 days, and then deleting it exactly when I might want to look back and see what seasonal foliage impact was at this time last year… that’s not what a WISP needs. We needed to have the ‘yearly’ graphs store data for 13-15 months, and the ‘two year’ graphs need to be at least 25-27 months… so that the info we need, is still there when we go to look at it.

Otherwise, storing yearly data for 365 days will simply be keeping it when I don’t need, and then deleting it exactly when I do finally need to look at it.

It doesn’t help that cnMaestro’s licensing scheme is actually out of this world expensive.

I can buy a full stack unlimited Solarwinds license for less then what it will cost to run cnMaestroX yearly. It’s completely out of touch.

1 Like