cnMaestro with cnPilot

Hi all,

I have a customer looking to manage MAC addresses that access his wifi APs at 2 remote camp sites. I thought cnMaestro with a cnPilot (ePMP 1000 Hotspot I think as they will be outside) may be a good tool for him, as cnMaestro can be accessed remotely. However, can someone confirm that it is possible to only allow white listed MAC addresses access to the network with the cnPilot, and that this can be done from cnMaestro? Cheers.

hux,

Whitelisting by MAC address is possible with ePMP 1000 Hotspot. cnMaestro configures the AP by pushing a configuration file template, and it can handle whilelists.

Let us know how the install goes.

An example configuration for this that allows only 3 MAC addresses on a WLAN with SSID 'my-ssid' would be:

wireless wlan 1

ssid my-ssid

mac-authentication policy allow

mac-authentication list 00-11-22-33-44-55

mac-authentication list 00-AA-BB-CC-DD-EE

mac-authentication list 00-DC-AF-C0-FF-EE

Now 00-11-22-33-44-55 will be allowed access 00-01-02-03-0B-AD will not be allowed to connect.

Note that cnMaestro currently configures the devices using template files. You can configure one ePMP1000-Hotspot using its device-GUI, then export the configuration from there (it will export as a text file) and use it as a template in cnMaestro that you can push down at one time to multiple devices.

Thanks, I will setup a ePMP 1000 Hotspot and give it a go. Much appreciated.