Cnmaestro X client API error: Rate limit exceeded

Hi all,

I’m trying to access cnmaestro X (3.2.0-r7) client APIs using a script, and I keep getting Too Many Requests with Error code: 429. I keep getting this error even when I schedule requests at 60 sec rate !.

attached is a screenshot of the response using curl.

am I missing something?

Note: I’m using the trial version (90 days) of cnmaestro X.

Hi @Atheer,

The rate limit should reset every 60 seconds so that is strange. Check the response headers to get more information on the rate limit. The total limit is based on how many devices are managed in your network.

1 Like

Hi Jordan,

for some reason it has worked without any modification. below is a sample of the response headers :

{‘Server’: ‘nginx’, ‘Date’: ‘Wed, 05 Apr 2023 19:02:12 GMT’, ‘Content-Type’: ‘application/json; charset=utf-8’, ‘Transfer-Encoding’: ‘chunked’, ‘Connection’: ‘keep-alive’, ‘RateLimit-Limit’: ‘429’, ‘RateLimit-Remaining’: ‘428’, ‘RateLimit-Reset’: ‘60’, ‘Vary’: ‘Accept-Encoding’, ‘Strict-Transport-Security’: ‘max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains’, ‘Content-Encoding’: ‘gzip’}

Do you think it needs time after cnmaestro X activation ?

Thank you very much.

Hi @Atheer,

If you recently activated X then that might be the case that it just took some time to activate. Do let us know if you run into the same issue. Otherwise, the response headers should give you the information needed to regulate how many API requests are made per minute.