CnPilot 195w

Can't find anything on Cambium's website regarding this new piece. Does anyone have any documentaion on this? will it have a model with ATA voice?

@JBrantley wrote:

Can't find anything on Cambium's website regarding this new piece. Does anyone have any documentaion on this? will it have a model with ATA voice?

the R195W is a dual band 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi AP. No ATA ports. 4 LAN and 1 WAN ethernet ports, all gigabit.

datasheet attached.

1 Like

Thanks Firefly,

Jeff, the r195W is showing very good signal coverage in the critical 5GHz band when compared to the Cambium r201W.  each site will vary, but we are seeing about a 30% increase in signal range. that translates into better SNR and a higher datarate.  in turn, a higher datarate and higher SNR will have fewer wireless errors and more capacity.

when compared to the r190W, the r195W has GE ports vs FE ports.  That will provide better compatibilty with newer devices that all claim to report "auto-negotiation" but we all know it doesn't work all the time.

Let us know how your internal testing works out.  appreciate the input.

1 Like

will there be a ATA model?

Yes.  we are extending the r195W platform by adding Cambium power out, 2 x ATA ports and internal antennas.  Release should be in Q1.2020.

1 Like

Do you have the spec sheet for the 201p? I found one, but the information im looking for is the MAX EIRP of the 201p to compate to the 195.

i only have the spec sheet that you have found.  the r201 was built before my time at Cambium.  I'll check with engineering to see what we have.  In the meantime, here's a RSSI map of the r201 and the r195 in the same environment.  this is tested on 5GHz.  you can follow the heat map color coding and see where the r195 will have better RSSI (translate to better SNR and higher MCS rate).  this was done in a business office, not a home, so that you can see clearly where the signal transitions from great to good to fair.  in RSSI terms, we are looking for the -65dBm cell edge to define the good to great zone.

1 Like

Just curious, what would you say the square footage coverage is?