cnPilot e410 DHCP and VLAN

Hi!

The cnPilot e410 is connected to a router.
The router’s DHCP server assigns IP addresses to clients on VLAN1 wifi.
I created VLAN2 wifi with DHCP server and subnet on the cnPilot e410.
VLAN1 subnet 192.168.1.0/24, VLAN2 subnet 192.168.2.0/24.
From VLAN2 I can ping the VLAN1 subnet devices, I can also block it with ACL if I want.
However, from VLAN1 I cannot ping any devices in VLAN2.
I have tried both ACL and route rules, but I can’t.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Do U use NAT on VLAN2 ?

Yes, no internet on VLAN2 without NAT.

Please ssh to yours 410 and do this:
“sh route”
Please share the result :slight_smile:

I changed the gateway.

Gateway was ok.
It should be 192.168.1.1 beause routing is going over VLAN1 :slight_smile:
Any ACL in WLAN setting ?

There is no ACL rule.

There is any DHCP server for VLAN2 ?

Yes, on VLAN2 has DHCP server, and it is working.

1 Like

show the config of this DHCP :slight_smile:

So, method 1:

router → cnpilot e410 VLAN1 I set it DHCP and assign WLAN1 + VLAN2 static IP with DHCP by access point assign to WLAN2, communication works only from VLAN2 to VLAN1, from VLAN1 to VLAN2 not working.

method 2:

router → cnpilot e410 VLAN1 I set it static IP with DHCP and assign to WLAN1 + VLAN2 static IP with DHCP and assign to WLAN 2 by access point, communication works only from VLAN2 to VLAN1, from VLAN1 to VLAN2 not working.

method 3:

without router → cnpilot e410 VLAN1 I set it static IP with DHCP and assign WLAN1 + VLAN2 static IP with DHCP and assign to WLAN2 by access point, communication works both direction.

method 4:

router → cnpilot e410 VLAN1 I set it DHCP and not assign to WLAN1 + VLAN2 static IP with DHCP and assign to WLAN2 by access point, VLAN3 static IP with DHCP and assign to WLAN3 by access point, communication works every direction.

I think now technically VLAN1 is a management VLAN, yes I know the experts are shaking their heads because VLAN1 is not used for that purpose.
I still feel it’s a roundabout way of doing it, I haven’t found the right configuration yet.

I keep my routing at the router.

Set up the VLAN on your router and pass your traffic there.

hello,
please am having challenges installing a dics lite 5AC radio,can i be put through on the installation