cnPilot e505 Data Sheet

In the documentation that I once downloaded, there is information about the WiFi Alliance certification for E505
I checked the certification program, it was never released for the E505…
Older brochures contain information about the certificate, but not the new one. The shops / distributors are repeating your mistake, also an old brochure exists on your cdn!

Have you sent the E505 for certification to the WiFi Alliance for PP2.0
Can you explain ?
cnPilot_e505_DS.pdf (136.9 KB)
Cambium_Networks_data_sheet_cnPilot_e505_e510_e700_family.pdf (1.9 MB)

Can you show me exactly which fragment confirms the HotSpot 2.0 certification in the WiFi Alliance?

I checked the certification program, it was never released for the E505…

Yes, it’s true it has never been there and it is true as well as with the leaflet.

The shops / distributors are repeating your mistake, also an old brochure exists on your cdn!

Which distributor is talking such nonsense?
Because the two with whom I work for a long time know that the e505 does not meet this requirement.

The HotSpot 2.0 / PassPoint 2.0 functionality is also called 802.11U. It is certified not only by wifi alliance (which is not a non-profit organization, it costs a lot of money for each certification, it takes time, etc., etc.).
All Cambium Outdoor devices support HotSpot 2.0 - not all are WiFi Alliance certified.
All of them are ETSI certified, which also tests this functionality.
In addition, this standard has not been used by anyone in the world yet and probably no one will ever use it, because it requires access to the authentication systems of GSM operators. The fact that someone entered something like this into the project requirements only shows their ignorance and lack of competence. Sometimes even COPY / PASTE requirements from other projects - completely headless!

If you want to use them in WiFi4PL projects, unfortunately you have to replace them with the e500 / e510 / e700.
The difference in price is 30% but it is more powerful :slight_smile:

For the future, I suggest reading leaflets with understanding and commas, because punctuation marks change a lot in the meaning of the document.

Hi przemo :wave:,

Can you show me exactly which fragment confirms the HotSpot 2.0 certification in the WiFi Alliance?

I’ve attached the Data Sheet in the thread, that I downloaded some time ago, which contain about certification :slightly_smiling_face:

I know about e500 / e510 / e700 WiFi Alliance certificate , wonder how the information about cert was released, after some time Cambium changed it, never seen such move from other manufacturers

I think he is suggesting the distributors still have early data sheets on their sites. Somehow, it seems Cambium doesn’t notify distributors when they quietly change their datasheets, so I don’t necessarily blame distributors as I know they have many datasheets to maintain. I regularly find old datasheets on various distributor sites. In the future, if you need a Cambium datasheet… get it straight from Cambium to get the latest.

In his defense, the early data sheets claimed very clearly that the 505 was certified, and the later datasheets did not. You can see, this is the same list you shared, but in the new datasheet:
WiFi Alliance was removed from the list entirely. I don’t think the problem was about punctuation or attention to detail on the customer’s side as Cambium either had an error, or was hopeful about certification and couldn’t get it. I recognize this is just an error on the part of Cambium, but it can be frustrating to base decisions or plans on erroneous datasheets.