cnPilot R195W EZUI - mywifi.net resolves elsewhere

The present documentation tells the user to access mywifi.net.

FYI, Google Chrome now bypass the router/ISP DNS and mywifi.net is now resolving to a domain name registrar page.

I’d suggest Cambium purchase this domain name, otherwise someone more sinister could and who knows what content could be flashing up in front of users when they follow the Cambium instructions to go to www.mywifi.net

Thats a good point.
Netgear use routerlogin.net which is a domain they own. However it does mean that a manufacturer can no longer expect a dns redirect to work as a way to help a lay person access a new router.

Seems to just be a recent Google Chrome thing. I have a Netgear, the good thing is if customers go to routerlogin.net and end up at the company website rather than the device UI, it gives them step by step instructions on what to do.

Interesting, I wonder if this is Chrome switching to DNS-over-HTTPS:

I’d say so. So is Cambium going to buy this domain before someone sinister does, or update the firmware and documentation to a different domain name?

We are looking at this. Please give us some time to respond.

Why would Cambium have used a domain name they didn’t own? I feel like I’m just seeing more and more cracks in the competency of the cnPilot team. Frankly, it’s discouraging and working to push us to another brand – though I don’t know what the brand is yet.

Are you using DNS Proxy?

@jessearcher
If DNS Proxy is enabled on the LAN interface, “mywifi.net” is resolved internally to LAN interface IP address

Network > LAN > DNS Mode → Auto
Network > LAN > DNS Proxy → Enable

If DNS proxy is disabled then mywifi.net is resolved with DNS servers configured or learned on WAN interface and this will lead to domain registrar page.

Google chrome Please disable “use secure DNS” on browser chrome://settings/security → Use secure DNS - OFF

Note The domain name purchase is under review, we will update you shortly

1 Like

Or…

1. If you handle your own DNS, create a static for this. or…
  2. Create an entry on a subdomain on your business domain (eg ezui.company.com) that points to 192.168.11.1. This will solve the DNS over TLS issue with Chrome / Firefox.

No, this is not how you can solve the problem. Because you can’t without modify chrome configuration like @Jaiprakash_G said, but it’s not usefule if you don’t have only corporates computer using your lan (or few yours)

I don’t think you understood my reply. The below WILL work. There is no way other than tell the customer to go to the gateway which by default is 192.168.11.1.

Create an entry on a subdomain on your business domain (eg ezui.company.com) that points to 192.168.11.1. This will solve the DNS over TLS issue with Chrome / Firefox.