Cnpilot200p rendered useless after firmware to 4.4.2

We are seeing issues on recent fireware upgrades for our cnpilot200p to 4.4.2 when updating through cnmaestro.  After upgrading a few hundred we get about 5% that are bricked.  All will be the same.  The power and wan lights don't come on at all and only the LAN lights do.  We cannot get into routers, we cannot ping them and we cannot reset them.  Anyone having this issue?

Seems like we are.. This is not good at all.. I just ran an update on 200+ routers

Hi Matt/Jason,

I am sorry to hear that, however we have not observed this kind of issue. Can you please provide

few details.

What was the version from where you upgraded to 4.4.2?

Was there any power disruption during upgrade, on the units where problem is seen.

Do you have any bad unit locally available where we can do remote investigation?

Did you try a manual reboot of the unit (power cycle)?

Can you share your cambium-id with us, so that we can look up in cnMaestro ? Unicast it to my email please ashutosh.datta@cambiumnetworks.com. Or invite me to your cnMaestro account.

regds

Ashutosh

What was the version from where you upgraded to 4.4.2? 

If you are asking what version of firmware the routers had in them prior to upgrading to 4.4.2 then the answer is a range of versions from 4.3 to 4.4.

Was there any power disruption during upgrade, on the units where problem is seen.

I upgraded these units through cnMaestro ..so I did not have them in front of me so I cannot answer that question.  Most were updated in the middle of the night so I assume no one power cycled them while updating.

Do you have any bad unit locally available where we can do remote investigation?

I have several bad unit but as I stated they are "bricked".  I cannot log into them. 

Did you try a manual reboot of the unit (power cycle)?

Cannot get into radio to reboot.  I have plugged and unplugged and attempted hard resets.  No luck..

I will invite you to our cnmaestro account.

Sent you our ID/ Log-in info for our on premises account.

Just want to add here that it's NOT only 200p series

We had 190 "brick" as well, 2 brand new out of the box update firmware to 4.4.2 then dead.

Can't ping, can't reset

I dont really want to test as it ruins our stock.

We cannot factory reset, cannot contact the devices.

There are no power lights on these units.

Have tried everything i can think of.

Cannot ping them either