cnRanger 3GHz attaching to 3rd-party eNodeB

I can not for the life of me get a cnRanger 3GHz UE to attach to our Ericsson eNB. Does anyone have any tips? Is this simply not supported?

I was able to get the UE to accept CPI Data using:
FCC ID: Z8H89FT0060
CBSD Serial Number: MAC address without colons
Antenna Gain: 21
Antenna Beamwidth 30

It’s still not attaching, though. I have our PLMN, 311030, set as the PLMN in the radio tab.

System Logs show the following:

Sat Feb 16 18:48:26 2019 user.info cnd[531]: UE in camped state for long. Restarting RADIO
Sat Feb 16 18:49:11 2019 kern.info cnd[531]: Stopping radio Scan
Sat Feb 16 18:49:11 2019 user.info cnd[531]: Updating result status, Value of result.status is 1.
Sat Feb 16 18:49:11 2019 user.info cnd[531]: CND: Clear Scan Results failed.
Sat Feb 16 18:49:11 2019 user.info cnd[531]: Priority list with number of cells before applying - 0.
Sat Feb 16 18:49:11 2019 user.info cnd[531]: Nothing in priority list to apply
Sat Feb 16 18:49:11 2019 user.info cnd[531]: CND: Restoring radio from: updateScanResulToCdm(), old radio state was Disabled
Sat Feb 16 18:49:29 2019 user.info cnd[531]: UE in camped state for long. Restarting RADIO
a Feb 16 18:49:30 2019 authpriv.notice syslog: pam_warn(cdm-ui:auth): function=[pam_sm_authenticate] service=[cdm-ui] terminal=[] user=[admin] ruser=[] rhost=[]
Sat Feb 16 18:49:30 2019 authpriv.notice syslog: pam_unix(cdm-ui:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty= ruser= rhost= user=admin
Sat Feb 16 18:49:35 2019 authpriv.notice syslog: pam_warn(cdm-ui:auth): function=[pam_sm_authenticate] service=[cdm-ui] terminal=[] user=[admin] ruser=[] rhost=[]
Sat Feb 16 18:49:35 2019 authpriv.notice lighttpd[1795]: pam_warn(cdm-ui:auth): function=[pam_sm_authenticate] service=[cdm-ui] terminal=[] user=[admin] ruser=[] rhost=[192.168.0.195]
Sat Feb 16 18:50:10 2019 user.info cnd[531]: UE in camped state for long. Restarting RADIO
Sat Feb 16 18:50:55 2019 user.info cnd[531]: UE in camped state for long. Restarting RADIO
Sat Feb 16 18:51:42 2019 user.info cnd[531]: UE in camped state for long. Restarting RADIO

Have you updated to firmware release 2.1.0.0-b16?

@zimage ,
The sequence of operation is the following.

1. cnMaestro is the “domain proxy” for cnRanger SM. So add the SM as a CBSD in cnMaestro. See CBRS_cnRanger_Consolidated_Procedures_Guide_1.2.pdf at cnRanger / Cambium Networks Support for instructions. When the SM is added to cnMaestro, cnMaestro will talk to the SAS server, and get a grant on behalf of the SM.
  2. Insert your SIM card into the SM. SM will scan for eNodeB and try to connect. To confirm SM can see your eNodeB, go to “Configuration > Scan Results” page in SM GUI and make sure your eNodeB is seen in the “Scan Results” table.
  3. At this point, SM does not have a grant, so it will try to connect using lower power if 23 dBm EIRP. If it is not able to connect at this power, it will increase power until it is able to connect to the eNodeB. It will then try to authenticate to the EPC and establish bearers based on EPC response. At this point, the SM will try to contact cnMaestro. It still does not have a CBRS grant, so user traffic from the SMs ethernet port will not be sent over the LTE link.
  4. Once SM connects to cnMaestro, cnMaestro will push the grant to the SM. SM will now reconnect to the network using the higher power provided by the grant. At this point, it will also start allowing user data from the ethernet port of the SM to go over the LTE link.

If you are not able to get this working, please contact me rajesh.vijayakumar@cambiumnetworks.com.

I don’t see that version available for download

I have looked at the CBRS_cnRanger_Consolidated_Procedures_Guide, added an entry for our third-party bbu. It requires me to add the MAC address of the BBU. I’m not sure why this is needed. I just picked one of the MAC addresses on the device. I didn’t think Ethernet MAC address is a part of LTE. Why does cnMaestro need to know my BBUs MAC address and what problems could occur if I picked the wrong MAC address from my BBU to add to cnMaestro?

Where can I download firmware 2.1.0.0-b16? I don’t see it at cnRanger / Downloads in the Current or Beta tabs.

Are you using cnMaestro cloud or on premise?

We’re running on-premise.

I don’t have any options to download a new firmware image via this method either.

I don’t know why you’re not able to see it. Please open a ticket.

Following. I dont see the firmware either.

Im also trying to attach to Airspan in my case.

Cambium just added the 2.1.0.0b16 firmware to the beta section, but I can’t get it to install on my cnRanger 201 SM via the SM’s web interface.

Try unpacking the tar.gz. The firmware for the SM should be there.

Yup. I’m using the Tyndall201/upgrade201.img file and it continues to say that it failed.I even tried after factory resetting it. I guess I’m opening yet another ticket…

once i unzipped it i rebooted the SM and loaded the .img file. it took the update for me.

I have a onboarding problem with cnmaestro. it just show device approval pending on the SM. i can see it in maestro and i have accepted all devices but it still wont push thru.

It looks like my firmware upgrade issue was related to using Safari v14.0.3. I was able to use Chrome to do a firmware upgrade after fully trusting the SM’s self-signed cert.

Did that fix your problem? Or are you still haveing problems connecting to the enb?