cnRanger Basic Parts

Hi Guys

I am looking for info on cnranger as we have some 2,5ghz licensed spectrum and would like to start using it for more fringe-urban areas. 

Currently we have a small telrad wi-max network using the licensed spectrum but it would be good to upgrade it to something faster. 

So my questions are

What part codes make a base station
- Base unit controller
- Radio
- Antenna

Downstream speed in 20mhz wide channels? 
Is that to a single CPE or are there speed benefits when multiple CPE are downloading at the same time / mu-mimo?

Data sheets? 
I cant seem to find much info on the cambium website in the multipoint products section

1 Like

Looking at the presentaton video, it appears the initial product launch will be reasonably high powered. 

Is there a low power option for solar sites (power consumption less than 20 watts) for a micro-cell based AP coming in the future ?

The reason I ask is that switching to cnranger would increase our network hardware complexity (epmp, ubiquiti, telrad and introducing cnranger) to our warehouse of parts. 

1 Like

Sooo.... I can answer some of your questions and provide you with some spec sheets.

ATM... speed performance is very similar to Baicells 2.5 product as all testing is currently with Cambium's CAT4 UE. Speeds will improve with more advanced features being unlocked and future higher CAT level UE's.

The first Cambium RRH will be a 2 watt per port (there will be a 10 watt version later on). Right now it only has 20MHz channel support with additional channel support (5, 10, 15) coming soon. N=1 frequency reuse will be supported later on.

There's not going to be a low power option... just the 2 watt RRH is a minimum of 55-70 watts by itself not including the BBU which draws 90-120w (which will be required to drive the RRH). Side note, you may want to consider Baicells Nova 227 eNb which uses less then 20 watts for micro cell applications.

Cambium UE's support upto 26dBm power output, vs. the typical standard of 23dBm. This extra 3dBm power paired with the integrated 15dBi dual-slant antenna can make a huge difference on a nNLOS connection over competing products.

Part numbers and descriptions is as follows:

2LTE-ANT-110 2.5GHz 110 degree Sector Antenna for cnRanger, 16dBi

2LTE-RRH-220 cnRanger Palisade 220 Fixed LTE Remote Radio Head (RRH), 2x2, 2W per port, 2300-2700MHz, Bands 38, 40, 41
2LTE-SM-401-US cnRanger Tyndal 101 Fixed LTE Subscriber Module (SM), 2x2, 2300-2700MHz, Bands 38, 40, 41, CAT4, 14 dBi Integarated Antenna, US PSU and AC Line Cord
LTE-BBU-800 cnRanger Sierra 800 Fixed LTE Baseband Unit (BBU), 8x8, 2300-2700MHz, Bands 38, 40, 41

4 Likes

We will be updating website soon with a lot of this information, including an Ordering Guide.

LINKPlanner will also be updated to include BOM information in the near future.  

Thanks Eric for sharing some of the available information.

2 Likes