CNUT 2.0

Has anyone noticed that with CNUT 2.0, you have to use *.pkg2 files? It does not allow for *.pkg files, such as software previous to version 7 (4.x, 6.x). I have not been able to find an archive that has CNUT 1.0 or 1.1 for download on the site. I would say that this isn’t following the rule of “no SM left behind” since Moto doesn’t support upgrading from 4.x to 7.x without first upgrading to 6.x.

Also, I wonder how many more months of Webinars will go by with the gang promising Version 8 on a particular date, yet it is still not available…

Yes CNUT 2 only works with pkg2 files. From what I have seen or heard you cant get any pkg2 files that are older then version 7.2.9. Someone please correct me if I am wrong here, I havent been able to find them either. As for an archive of CNUT 1.1, I have the file and could send it to you if you have an e-mail to send it to. Thanks!

eagle_tech wrote:
Also, I wonder how many more months of Webinars will go by with the gang promising Version 8 on a particular date, yet it is still not available...

I was wondering the same thing :?

I do have the installer for CNUT 1.1, just wanted to voice my concern. But thanks!!

Well, now I fully understand your concern! I just tried to update a 7.0.7 SM to 7.3.6 and realized I couldn’t with CNUT 2.0 :x Thank God a had the setup.exe for CNUT 1.1 saved from 2 months ago. Whatever happened to newer technology being backward compatible? :roll:

Thanks anyway for the warning eagle_tech.

Actually, there are 7.3.6 files in pkg2 format on the web site. I just used 'em.

MY problem is that CNUT no longer wants to work through VNC. Running bare X through a 10M pipe that is busy is just a nightmare.

Shaman666 wrote:
Actually, there are 7.3.6 files in pkg2 format on the web site. I just used 'em.

Yes, I upgraded from 7.0.7 to 7.2.9 using CNUT 1.1 then from 7.2.9 to 7.3.6 with CNUT 2.0. Real convenient huh?

*MY* problem is that CNUT no longer wants to work through VNC. Running bare X through a 10M pipe that is busy is just a nightmare.

Gotta love Canopy! :roll:

You will be able to go from 7.0.7 to 7.3.6 directly using CNUT 2.0.

marwill wrote:
You will be able to go from 7.0.7 to 7.3.6 directly using CNUT 2.0.

Yes, I think I'll be doing this from now on. I was afraid to direct upgrade because Canopy warns not to, however, there are quite a few people on this board that have done direct upgrades and have had no problems.