CNUT Fails to update any SM's remotely

I’m wondering what I’m doing wrong here. All of our SMs have the same password as the access point and settings are being inherited from it. I am trying to get the remaining 7’s to 8 and I get those errors pictured below. This would also happen when I try to upgrade our 8’s to 8.2.2. Strangest thing though I upgraded our access points fine so I’m confused as to what is happening, can anyone shed some light on this? It doesn’t matter if I go through the SM or try an upgrade using their private address. I’m really not liking CNUT right now.

I had the same problem when trying to update SM’s in the AUTO-DISCOVERY folder. I ended adding all our radios, and CMM’s to the NETWORK ROOT. But you need to build it from core router out following the proper paths the network actually takes to get to each AP, BH, SM, and CMM. Then added the SM’s manually under each AP.

However…that doesn’t sound like your problem. I’d double check the Username and password on those radios. Perhaps the passwords are in CAPS.

Try going under i think, edit and then preferences

There should be somewhere you can directly specify the password for the SM’s.

amd phreak wrote:
Try going under i think, edit and then preferences

There should be somewhere you can directly specify the password for the SM's.

Did this, doesn't change anything.

Frothingdog I'll try your approach in the next hour and let you know how it goes.
Frothingdog.ca wrote:
I had the same problem when trying to update SM's in the AUTO-DISCOVERY folder. I ended adding all our radios, and CMM's to the NETWORK ROOT. But you need to build it from core router out following the proper paths the network actually takes to get to each AP, BH, SM, and CMM. Then added the SM's manually under each AP.

However..that doesn't sound like your problem. I'd double check the Username and password on those radios. Perhaps the passwords are in CAPS.

I'll be damned, this worked perfectly. I thought I tried this before but I must have been tired and missed something. Cheers.

Good to hear you got it to work.

This is the standard CNUT behavior. If an SM is auto-discovered and doesn’t have a public IP(public IP as defined in the canopy software) you won’t be able to upgrade it directly. The options are to either give it a public IP and add it to CNUT manually or run the auto-update through the AP.