PagerDuty is an incident management platform that provides reliable notifications, automatic escalations, on-call scheduling, and other functionality to help teams detect and fix infrastructure problems quickly.
Following is a simple example of configuring PagerDuty integration with cnMaestro Webhooks. We can use both default or custom templates in JSON or x-www-form-urlencoded content types.
To begin, log in to PagerDuty or create a new account.
To capture the cnMaestro alarms you need to add a new integration into PagerDuty using a Transformer tool.
After login to your PagerDuty account, to add an integration:
- Navigate to Configuration >Services.
- If you are creating a new service for your integration, click Add New Service. If you are adding your integration to an existing service, click the Name of the service you want to add the integration to, go to the Integrations tab, then click New Integration.
- Select the Integration Type as Custom Event Transformer. Complete the remaining incident settings as desired and save by pressing the Add Service/Integration button at the bottom.
- Click on the name of your new integration to view the details.
Your Integration URL will be used for configuration in cnMaestro Webhooks.
- Login to cnMaestro and Navigate to Application >Settings >Webhook.
- Click Add Webhook. copy and paste the integration URL from PagerDuty and expand advanced configuration.
You can Use the custom payload or default option in cnMaestro. For this example, we are using the following custom template with variables $DEVICE_IP and $ALARM_SEVERITY in the formatted message.
"text" : "$DEVICE_IP has generated an alarm of severity $ALARM_SEVERITY”
- Once an Alarm occurs, the following message will appear in configured service incidents. Notice the variables have been replaced with actual values.
Learn more about PagerDuty and different integrations at