Constant Drops on Epmp

I currently have a customer that I have had to place back onto UBNT after being switched to Cambium.  They were having constant drops from the ap and we could not stay logged into the SM for more than a few minutes before the radio would kick us out of session remotely.  This was an isolated insident and am inclined to think that is was operator error, however I was just wondering if anyone on the forum had any similar issues and if so what the fix was ?  

The customer in question had great signal, clear LOS, and was in the path of the AP.  Unfortunatly feedback from my field tech was limited which is why I stonglydoubt it was the equipment.  

Hi,

When you say the session is dropping, we need to make sure if the link session is dropping or is the the radio which iw rebooting.

You can check the below steps to identify the issue.

1. Make sure the software version is same on AP as well as SM.

2. Chek if there is any authentication issue between AP and SM.

3. Checke the Syslog and see if you can find the reason for the link drop.

4. If the AP is GPS Sync, make sure the AP is getting the SYNC so that the SM is not dropping due the GPS loss in the AP.

If you still faccing the issue, then please contact our support team so that we can assist you.

Regards,

Sanjay Kumar.

When you say constant drops - was the station being de-registered from the AP and then registering again?  If so, be sure to look at local noise.  ePMP will do this if it sees on or near-channel noise at a level close to what it is seeing the AP.

There's two things that we've experienced that will do similar things...

1. The SM is experiencing an IP address conflict with another device on your network.

2. The SM is in NAT mode and the client is using an Apple Airport router or time capsule and it's set to 'bridge' mode.

Also look at the distance settings in the SM and the AP. If you look in the logs and see a message that the SM disconnected itself, can't remember the exact wording right now, then increase the distance setting.

We also experienced drops in wifi compatibility mode and after getting everyone swapped to cambium and tdd we got to see the cambium magic.

My techs and i had this problem since we went to v3.0 after troubleshooting for over 2 weeks. checking interference lvls, signals, sms,aps, we back dated all our sms and aps to 2.6.2 and the drops stopped almost immediately.

@tanner wrote:

My techs and i had this problem since we went to v3.0 after troubleshooting for over 2 weeks. checking interference lvls, signals, sms,aps, we back dated all our sms and aps to 2.6.2 and the drops stopped almost immediately.

"FCC SMs and PTP radios incorrectly limit themselves to the APs EIRP limits" - a defect in v3.0 that has been fixed in 3.0.1RC versions, per RC release notes.

Apparently with 3.0 release the SM end limits transmit power based on the rules applied to APs, instead of using the full transmit power it's actually permitted to use.

j

"a defect in v3.0 that has been fixed in 3.0.1RC versions, per RC release notes."

I am currently experiencing similar issues with 2 of my latest installs. I have version 3.0. 

I looked on the downloads section of the software site but didn't see 3.0.1 available for download. Where did you get it from?

Thanks,

Sid

Hi,

You should subscribe Beta program to be able to download Beta-releases.
Please find Beta program agreement under Beta link on page:
https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files
https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/beta

Thank you.