date / time

curious, when I look at almost all of my customers Event logs, the date / time stamp is always invalid, any Ideas?

Sounds like a GPS issue.

What do you mean by “invalid”?

Is it always 01/01/01, or are you just saying that the time is not “current”?

Are you using a CMM on the AP’s? If so they should be sync’d to GPS and GMT.

If not, then if you update the time nd date on the AP’s manually, then it should propagate the SM’s (I think teh SM’s may need to be rebooted for that to happen).

If you’re running 4.2.3 or 6.1 code, you can now configure an NTP server IP address in the BHM or AP… the unit will then fetch time using NTP from the NTP server you specify, and will use that date/time for log entries.

ccie4526 wrote:
If you're running 4.2.3 or 6.1 code, you can now configure an NTP server IP address in the BHM or AP.... the unit will then fetch time using NTP from the NTP server you specify, and will use that date/time for log entries.

Yes, and if you put the IP address of the CMM in the NTP box, you'll get the time and date from the GPS...
n7slc wrote:

Yes, and if you put the IP address of the CMM in the NTP box, you'll get the time and date from the GPS...

*IF* you're running a MicroCMM. You can see my tirades about MicroCMMs in any of the 802.1q topics in this forum. ;) Needless to say, I only run CMM2s for the GPS sync info, and connect out to a real ethernet switch.