Determine Noise Floor

Can you guys guide me on how to determine the noise floor? I believe it is diffrent than the peak numbers that I see in the spectrum analysis page. Is the noise floor determined for the just the freq you are using or based on all of them? Here is a screen shop the my AP (turned to SM mode) spectrum anaylsis. Also if I have the freq set at 913 is it normal that when the AP is broadcasting and I do a spec with the SM that I will see high values from 908 - 920 and sometimes the other freq actually have a higher signal than 913 does, but as soon as I turn the radio off it drops off?

Thanks,
Ben

A quick follow-up, I re-scanned about 10 minutes later and this is what it looks like, after about 10 minutes it goes away. Do you think this will cause us a major problems, or is that not much? I’m not sure what it could be we checked with the city and county and no one is using any 900 gear that we know of (town population is 700)

Thanks,
Ben

What you see in the first picture is your noise floor. I would say for the most part it is a -95. In the second picture it could be several things like a cordless phone. Will it cause you problems? As long as the links you establish have a signal 8 to 10 db better then about a -80 you will be fine.

Thanks for the input, any ideas on the second question of why when I set the freq to say 913 and do a spec anaylsis I see high values all the way from say 908 to 920 and somtimes the other freq are higher than 913?

Thanks,
Ben

The Spectrum Analyzer does a full spectrum scan regardless of the channel you have selected on the Config page.