I am using two cnpilot e410 ap both of them are having intereference in 2.4ghz same time .so is it possible to make diffferent ssid for 2.4 and 5ghz at same time?
yes, you can configure different SSID for 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio’s. Can u please let me know are you using cnMaestro or AP’s GUI to configure the AP ?
Aps GUI not cnmastero
Then please use the below procedure to configure 2 different SSID’s
- Login to AP
- Navigate to Configure—> WLAN
- Click on Add WLAN
- Under Basic tab there is a option to configure Radios(see the image pasted below) , using this option you can configure different SSID for different radio’s
I am still confued ,If I add 1 radio as 5 ghz then how do i add another as 2.4GHz
- Add WLAN give WLAN number as 1 and configure SSID for 5GHz, by selecting radio as 5GHz
- Again click on Add WLAN and give WLAN number as 2 and configure SSID for 2.4GHz by selecting radio as 2.4GHz
Same way if you want to configure multiple SSID’s then follow the same procedure**(Login to AP → Configure → WLAN → Add WLAN (give WLAN number) and Save the conifg)**
yes thanks,i didnt see add wlan at top
one more question Two aps are having problem randomly at any time ,not connecting devices to it at same time .Is it because of interference ?
- What is the firmware version that you are using on the AP and AP type(information is available in AP’s Dashboard page)
- When ever you are facing client connectivity issue could you please share me the techsupport file of the AP to my email id email@example.com, it will helpful in debugging the issue
You can download the techsupport from following location
Login to AP → Navigate to Operations → Under System → Download Techsupport
I think better to enable band-steering option if more interference in 2.4Ghz . So clients would steer to connect in 5Ghz . Better set channel to ‘Auto’ , so AP selects best channel based on interference on boot up or You need to plan infrastructure on channel allocation for different APs. Try to set different channel for different APs .
AP1 AP2 AP3 AP4 1,36 6,52 11,149 1,36
My 5GHz is visible from latop and connecting fine but its not visible from mobile phone randomly ,what might be the cause ?