DNS Server Not Responding Issue

Greetings, friends. For the past two days, I have been unable to resolve a computer’s internet problem; that is, every time I attempt to connect to the Internet, the DNS server does not answer, and an error message appears. I’m now utilizing my cell phone to access the internet. This is why I can’t seem to get my computer to work properly. Guys, I’m not sure why this is happening or how to resolve the problem. Please assist me in resolving the issue. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Cambium community :+1: . Can you give us a bit more information, including:

1. What Cambium equipment are you using?
  2. How is it configured?
  3. What error message are you receiving?
  4. Are there other computers on the same network, and if so, do they have the same problem?
1 Like

I appreciate your answers. I’m using a Wi-Fi 6 Access Point, model XV3-8. Because a friend set this up, I was unaware of it. The notice “DNS server not responding” appears. No, all the computers are not linked to the same network; rather, they are linked to various networks.

It’s going to be tricky to resolve this without knowing more about how the network is configured. Are you able to log in to the web interface of the access point? Can you show us your IP settings (IP address, DNS server IP addresses and so on)?

1 Like

Guys, I did a Google search for this issue and found ticks (example). I just used some commands: ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
And the issue is fixed now. But still, now I don’t know the actual reason.
Ping2

@Simon_King
This should be moved to Enterprise.

Also… Maybe this has to do with the known DNS issue with 6.x firmware.

2 Likes