Doubt about Roam SNR Threshold set value - AP XV2-2

Good evening everyone, I also try here since the technical assistance is not giving us great satisfaction. In our installation with 6 APs (model in question) we are experiencing problems (from the one declared by users) of low wifi connection quality. Randomly, the user finds himself connected to the wifi according to windows, but in reality he is not on the network correctly if he is unable to navigate and software such as Teams informs him that they are offline.
To solve the situation they have to disconnect the wifi connection, reconnect it immediately and everything goes back to normal. The doubt that came to us (it is a site with a single corridor of about 100m, the ap are arranged in a row from the beginning to the end of the corridor at a distance of about 15-20 meters as the crow flies) is that we have set an inadequate Roam SNR value. At this moment it is set to 18 on both radios (we manage the APs via CnMaestro). Has anyone ever where to “play” with this value for connection quality problems? thanks in advance sorry my english translated on the spot :slight_smile:

Can you try configuring Roam SNR Threshold to 22-25 range and see any difference in the client connectivity? Configuring 18 as Roam SNR Threshold means that the client remains connected to the home AP until the SNR value is 18. Configuring a higher value will make sure that the client will be forced to roam when the SNR goes below the threshold.

Regards
Anand

Hi Anandakrishnan, thanks for the reply.
He just answered support :slight_smile:

textual words

1. The symptoms you have described do not sound roaming related, so I would leave the Roam SNR Threshold at the default value. The client you mentioned was not moving, which suggests a different issue and also, roaming is a client decision, not an AP decision so I do not think changing this value is required.

I was almost convinced this evening to change the value on both radios from 18 to 15 (default value) as told by them. But after your message I am very undecided because I too would have increased the value over 20 to “sensation” … :frowning:

"To solve the situation they have to disconnect the wifi connection, reconnect it immediately and everything goes back to normal " ,

my guess is, after disconnection, the client connects to nearby AP and will have a better signal/coverage immediately.